Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I haven one. Been on the boat 2 years no issues.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

2. Member
    I had one and it crapped out pretty quickly. They replaced it no questions asked. The second one worked great.

I will definitely have one on my new boat when it arrives.

3. Member
    I've gone through 4 of them. First 2 were the old version that would start to flicker from water intrusion. Third one I fixed by adding 3m 5200 to where the wires entered the epoxy of the light. That one worked great right up until iI smashed it on a shelf trying to get it in the garage.
    They were great and warrantied the first 2 at no cost.
    3rd one was my fault.
    4th one is the new design, has been flawless but still less than a year old.

If you purchase one, make sure it has a big glob of flexible sealant around where the wires enter the light. My suspicion is the insulation on the wiring they use is too flexible or does not allow the epoxy to adhere properly and water seeps into the board/light.

I've had one for a little over a year now, I ordered it from Tackle Warehouse and it was the new version that came. Love it, will always have one on my boat. And for anyone worried about it going out or fishing at night, you still have your factory light pole, I keep mine in my boat still just in case.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

5. Member
    I've had one two years now with no problems and I'm on the water about 100 days a year.

I went ahead and ordered the Hydrilla Gear version for my Pro II. I prefer the aluminum design vs the plastic clamshell of the RMP, and so many issues with the RMP I'd rather just buy it once an not have to worry about will it last longer than year, etc as they seem hit or miss.

Also you can contact Rick at Hydrilla Gear for a very nice BBC Discount making it price competitive with the RMP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    If you have a co- angler on the back at night, he's going to hate it. It will blind you at night!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    If you have a co- angler on the back at night, he's going to hate it. It will blind you at night!
    That was my experience Sunday morning at 4 AM as a co angler. Bright light but blinds the guy on the back deck. I had to ask the boater to turn it off. If another boat entered our area we would turn it back on.
    GETFISHED !!!

The pole light would do the same thing if not worse because it's taller. So, not really an rmp issue.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

I really don't fish at night. The trails I fish don't launch until safe light. That being said I just set my boat up the way I like. What a coangler likes or dislikes is on him.....

11. Member
    Love mine. Had it for quite some time now. Busted my original one with the old style light bulb on it and called for the replacement LED. Told them about my bonehead move and they replaced it for nothing. Even argued about with em cuz it was my own dang fault. New one arrived a few days later and haven’t had a single problem with it. Can’t say enough good things about dealing with Russell Marine.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

How much farther does it extend up higher than the pole itself? my garage is tight and my poles just clear by about 6"

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    So all the bad reviews are mostly 2019/2020 time frame - did RMP change the light to a better design, is that what we are discussing?

What about the Hydrilla Gear version, any users? It's more expensive, but I don't really feel like replacing a light/wiring every year, which is about how long the RMP seems to last according to those reviews... The other brand mentioned doesn't appear to offer a Pro II model.
    I have the Hydrilla version on my Blades. I could not be any happier with it. Very high quality and durable. It and built in bow running lights are one of the better add-ons in my opinion. It sure beats fumbling around for the old plug in lights only to have to remove them and put them away after you fish your first spot of the tournament.

Looks like there is a new version. The bulb cover looks different on new one.
    I have the new version and it’s way better than the old one, it’s LED and lots brighter.
    GO DAWGS

Quote Originally Posted by Dstacks7 View Post
    I sure did. As for which version, I don't know. I'll attach a picture and maybe someone can tell me.

Attachment 493713Attachment 493714
    Thats the new version.
    GO DAWGS

Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    How much farther does it extend up higher than the pole itself? my garage is tight and my poles just clear by about 6"
    About an 1 1/2” you should be good.
    GO DAWGS

Thanks for all the feedback. I went ahead and ordered one today.

Thanks for all the feedback. I went ahead and ordered one today.
    I think you’ll like it a lot
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I went ahead and ordered the Hydrilla Gear version for my Pro II. I prefer the aluminum design vs the plastic clamshell of the RMP, and so many issues with the RMP I'd rather just buy it once an not have to worry about will it last longer than year, etc as they seem hit or miss.

Also you can contact Rick at Hydrilla Gear for a very nice BBC Discount making it price competitive with the RMP...

Installed the Hydrilla Gear light today, pretty straightforward. Tapped into the existing stern receptacle so still have ability to use it if needed for any reason.

Anyone looking, reach out to Rick at HG, don't let the price on the website scare you away, with BBC discount this and the RMP are basically same cost.

20. Member
    Too many negative reviews............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast