Need a little help

Got the boat off the water today, hooking everything up and see this hose hanging out… this is an 03 ProXB on an 03 Gambler 2100. Looking for a little help on what it is and what I need to do to fix. Thanks in advance.

Engine Serial# OT430897
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bassking10; 06-25-2022 at 07:02 PM.

should be your speedo pick up hose.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

3. Member
    That’s what I was kinda thinking/hoping. I don’t know if it’s pulled off or corroded, but I’m having trouble seeing where to hook it back in. Is it an issue if it stays as is?

your speedo won't work but not sure why even bother to put them on a boat they have never worked well.

It won't hurt anything. I would just release the connector to remove the hose. That's the barrel thingy it has a little disk type thingy on the end if you push in on the disk toward the barrel it will allow you to remove the hose.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    Yessir, Thanks for the help on this!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Pretty simple to plug it back in (even with the gearcase already installed).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor