Gas cap pressure - now gone - won't idle

Hey guys 2018 z19...last week on the potomac everytime I touched my hot foot it would bogg down and shut off...I realized anytime I opened my gas tank in the driveway the gas cap has immense pressure(normal I believe) well I opened it today and nothing...could this be my issue ? Thanks

2. Member
    my at times has that popping sound when I open the cap. For me when the boat seats in the sun to long it makes that sound not when it seats in the garage without the sun. Maybe the sun is heating the pressure up. ? I thought my z21 XL has a pressure release valve but I can't say for sure.

There is supposed to be up to 5psi before it vents. If it is hot and sunny and trailered home it will for sure be to 5psi, then if it cools down it may not have any pressure. Often still will.

anyways the easiest solution to take 3/4 of fuel tank issues out would be encountering the problem then open the gas cap and see it it changes. But this is a motor issue more than a nitro issue so I would post with the Mercury threads.

What does the bulb feel like 5 min after firming it up? Does it go soft or stays fiirm? Maybe a crack in fuel line.
    2018 Nitro Z18
    175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)