6-25 another good morning.

Got on the water early 5:15ish, (80*wt)I could not get a top water bite,buzzbait,spook,shower blow nothing going on them. But the bladed jig was working good. Moved back to the shallow end and got a few good ones on a frog in the slop. After that used activity target to get a few nice ones on a deeper point with some brush (bait was a 6”sm bait) I then put on a 8” swim bait that I have never caught a fish on and yep that worked too 👍 it was a great morning nice size and good number!
    !8C3D0A70-BA61-4E1D-ABB1-BE50E4224D9F.jpeg
    0F1386E4-17CD-4D9A-924D-ECD68C8174D9.jpeg
    This was a Small lake that doesn’t have the tournament pressure or much recreational pressure. It would be very hard to fish from shore as well. All things that work in my favor. I would really like to get to green valley or 12-mile but seems lots of Saturday tournaments. How did everyone else do today?

2. Member
    Went to Wannhoo yesterday....fished prior and during the downpour....lots of activity on the water but no bites at all...even tried the Ned with no success. I will say after the rain the traffic sure cleared out!

As one guy mentioned in another thread this lake is really struggling....I got there early and I was surprised at how many boats were on the water already. I may have to buy an Iowa permit and start going over there

C4F

3. Member
    Man that’s a bummer! I’ve had a few days with no bites and they suck Lol. I think sw Iowa is fishing good right now. I got rained on yesterday on my way home. Man the weather man missed the forecast big time we’re I live. Was supposed to be clear and sunny yesterday,well it wasn’t cloudy and rainy LOL

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I hit green valley couple days ago and it was tough. I never had a keeper. These lakes get a lot of tourney pressure as they now get tournaments sat and sundays now. I did hear 12 mile is fishing well though
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I hit green valley couple days ago and it was tough. I never had a keeper. These lakes get a lot of tourney pressure as they now get tournaments sat and sundays now. I did hear 12 mile is fishing well though
    very true on the tournament pressure. Thankfully we do have some good smaller lakes the don’t have the pressure of tournaments. Some of them don’t evan have boat docks lol.