Minnkota maxxun issues

Pulled into some shallows yesterday and hit a small stick on half power and as soon as I hit it the motor stopped working. I pulled it up to replace the shear pin and all was good. Leaving it out I noticed on full power it was trying to spin but it acted like it had no juice. So ten minutes after checking all connections and finding nothing wrong while I left it on continuous and it started working again. Then an hour later I had weeds around the prop so I turned it around and on full power to blow the weeds off and it spun maybe one turn and died again. Pulled the weeds off and gave it 5 minutes and it started working again......anybody have any ideas ?

2. Member
    First check all connections then check your batteries with a load tester. Even though it reads good with a meter you still could have a bad battery

3. Member
    You might have an auto reset breaker that is cooling down and turning itself back on.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    You might have an auto reset breaker that is cooling down and turning itself back on.
    Defective breaker or motor or maybe male plug with loose connection(s) good probabilities. Could also be water in motor from loose bolts or high internal friction, line behind prop seals.

5. Member
    Water in the motor was the problem. A chip of the magnet ground itself up and eventually wore down a seal. Cleaned everything up and bought new seals it seems to be working fine. One of the contacts with the spring was gummed up and stuck back.