Mega bass dark sleeper?

Anyone with any input colors technical stuff etc. I bought the one ounce and a couple bass pro knock offs. I think around here we drag a jig a lot this may give the fish something different.

2. Member
    I use them on the river in WI for smallies. I catch quite a few fish with them, but I don't think they catch anymore fish than the old ball head jig with a 2.8-4" trailer on them.

I haven't used them how you are talking, but I can't imagine switching up the presentation some wouldn't help. Show them something they haven't seen before.

Slow roll it along the bottom, if around rock just fast enough to tick the tops of the rocks.

4. Member
    If you're use to dragging tubes, that's exactly what I do with them.

Somewhat recent thread where I think a lot of good info was shared: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1168954

I definitely fish it way more like a jig than a swimbait. Dragging, hopping, sometimes slow rolling. Just try to match colors to forage. For me, I pick the colors that are closest to perch or bluegill as that's what my fish are always eating. I think the Hanahaze is the color I throw most often, though I've got a couple Haze and Biwako Yoshinobori too. I bought a Donko, but it was darker than I expected and I'm not sure I've ever thrown it.

If I were you, I would NEVER try skipping a 1/2 oz one around docks or other low hanging cover....
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360