Thread: Sea Clear Power

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sea Clear Power

Who's running it ? Does it make that much of a difference ? Want to know before I drop $ 400 into some wires.
    Spro = If you throw it, they will come!!!

The Sea Clear harness appears well built, but you could build the same harness with some 10awg tinned marine duplex wire and heat shrink crimp connectors. And for way less than $400.00. If you feel you have the know-how to build your own harness, and have the right tools, I’d recommend saving the money. If you prefer to buy pre-assembled there are some cheaper options. BassCat has similar harnesses for quite a bit less.
    https://basscatstore.com/breakers-2.aspx
    Bottom of the page.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    The Sea Clear harness appears well built, but you could build the same harness with some 10awg tinned marine duplex wire and heat shrink crimp connectors. And for way less than $400.00. If you feel you have the know-how to build your own harness, and have the right tools, I’d recommend saving the money. If you prefer to buy pre-assembled there are some cheaper options. BassCat has similar harnesses for quite a bit less.
    https://basscatstore.com/breakers-2.aspx
    Bottom of the page.
    This +1 However instead of crimp connectors use solder connectors for much better connection. This is what I did on my rig! And yes the graphs power much quicker and I'd swear the screen images are more vivid.

4. Member
    I had it put on my boat - big difference in performance all way around

5. Member
    I've got it as well. It definitely fixed voltage drop across my graphs. I'd buy it again. I really like the connectors, and having an actual on/off switch.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaDave View Post
    This +1 However instead of crimp connectors use solder connectors for much better connection. This is what I did on my rig! And yes the graphs power much quicker and I'd swear the screen images are more vivid.
    Crimped connections are better than soldered connections for marine applications. Soldered connections are not NMEA approved.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

7. Scraps
    Good investment and does make a difference.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    It's going to depend on how your graphs are currently wired. If they're already wired properly you may not notice a difference. Anyone who says try the Sea Clear will always improve your graphs is biased and not telling you the truth.

It's not a magic harness that just makes your graphs better. It's a way to deliver maximum voltage to your graphs. What is the current voltage at your graphs?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    It's going to depend on how your graphs are currently wired. If they're already wired properly you may not notice a difference. Anyone who says try the Sea Clear will always improve your graphs is biased and not telling you the truth.

It's not a magic harness that just makes your graphs better. It's a way to deliver maximum voltage to your graphs. What is the current voltage at your graphs?
    Exactly right. In no way will a harness improve your image quality, unless the previous connection was so bad the graph barely had enough voltage to stay on. If these graphs were so sensitive to voltage, why don’t they quit working towards the end of the day as your battery voltage drops?

These pre made harness kits are a big money maker for their manufacturers. There is a reason why so many shops have hopped on the trend. Far better off just buying the components yourself, would likely save a bunch of money and be able to set it up exactly how you need it.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    $400.00 now? Mine was $200.00 2 years ago.

If you're having issues as I did.. By all means YES... or make your own modeled after there's.

12. Member
    Make your own IF you are having issues due to insufficient voltage. These harnesses are NOT a miracle cure all.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    $400.00 now? Mine was $200.00 2 years ago.
    A buddy of mine had his done and it was over $700.00 I made my own in 2018 when I bought my boat. Not hard to do if you work on your own stuff.

I added one recently, took advantage of TW's Memorial Day Stackable sale so was essentially 25% off. Have 1 Live, 2 Carbons, and AT. Units do power up faster, and I also think the screens are clearer, and voltages are higher on each unit. For the clarity, it could be that I also installed a 3DSS transducer replacing an older LSS-2 at the same time - but AT is also cleaner as well. I do feel it was worth it - pricing on quality marine wire has gone up in cost like everything else these days. If you have the proper tools you could build a similar setup for less, but the ready made convenience is nice too :).
    Last edited by 78Staff; 06-25-2022 at 10:39 PM.

15. Member
    I did anchor marine 8 ga tinned marine wire to a blue sea fuse box, 100 bucks later I have zero voltage drop, well actually 150 with fuse box
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    A buddy of mine had his done and it was over $700.00 I made my own in 2018 when I bought my boat. Not hard to do if you work on your own stuff.
    $700? did that include the labor of tearing out and installing?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

17. Member
    Yeah I think I paid 200 couple years ago. Biased?- I don’t give a shit if u buy them or not. My factory rigged units were shutting off on own, having seizures from time to time etc. so if yours working to your satisfaction then I wouldn’t mess with it; if problems do it

18. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yes, it makes a difference

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

19. Member
    Place your electronics on a dedicated battery will also improve voltage and current draw.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    $700? did that include the labor of tearing out and installing?
    I'm pretty sure it did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast