Thread: OOps !!

East Diablo at Amistad.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    That sux ...

not a good way to start or end your day!

Story, I got was a kid was trying to pull his dad out after loading. Some of us know how slick that ramp can be. I've actually seen 2 wheel drive rigs sliding backwards while the wheels were spinning forward.

that boat ramp is the slickest one I've ever seen - hopefully they will do something about this while it's at near record lows.

6. Banned
    You know the ramp at Alan Henry has a groove in the concrete that runs horizontal across. You would think it to be bullet proof for even 2 wheel drive.
    It gets those grooves full of water as it's busy, the ramp is still slick. The guys I run with all run 4x4 trucks, but we have seen all the really big ski boats and the like and 2 wheel drives have all sorts of trouble.
    We have often thought we could take a concrete saw and make some cuts running toward the lake to help get the water out of the grip pattern.
    But the city of Lubbock would probably charge us to do it and we would be trying to help the others, so we just watch.

That ramp at big A, they could cut diagonal cuts and that might be a help.

Yes sir at one time it had grooves going both ways but over the years they have worn down.
    They used to keep a barrel of sand on the ramp but they quit that years ago.