Sea deck for a nitro

Are there any companies out there that specialize in the sea deck material for bass boats? I want to replace my carpet in the bottom of my boat by the consoles. Thanks guys

2. Member
    What year nitro? I bought the factory 2021 seadeck cockpit flooring for my 2020 and installed it myself. Pain to install, but dries out much quicker than the carpeting.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=Nitro+cockpit
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I had Aqua traction installed in the cockpit floor of my Stratos and they were doing a Champion while mine was there. They do a custom measure and you can have an pattern created. They also covered my step to the back and replaced the passenger rod mat.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    I had Aqua traction installed in the cockpit floor of my Stratos and they were doing a Champion while mine was there. They do a custom measure and you can have an pattern created. They also covered my step to the back and replaced the passenger rod mat.
    Got any pics ?
    GETFISHED !!!

^ That’s nice!

7. Banned
    I was going to see about getting my boat done by Sea Dek but I saw a captains for clean water vid about them going around the whole state of Fl in flats boats. The thing that got me was when they were re fueling in the water and gas was spilling out into the water. Not a lot , but enough to look hypocritical. When I mentioned it on the Facebook post that showed it, they took it down. Sea Dek is one of the main sponsors. So now I am looking at Aqua Traction.

8. Member
    Most of the companies can either have your boat brought in, scanned, and then a custom piece made or you can get a template sheet from them and create a template and have them send you the right sized piece. Alternatively, you can just buy the sheet yourself, make a template, then cut and install how you want it. That’s what I did with my boat because it was a lot cheaper.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

9. Member
    Looking at re-doing my flooring as well with SeaDek, but I want to do the entire deck. The only thing holding me back is the gaps that will be between the compartment lids as they are spaced for carpet being wrapped along the edges. In my reasearch so far I haven't found a solution for that. Anyone have pics with the gaps after doing this? Is it tolerable?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    ^ That’s nice!

11. Member
    I ordered my boat new with it. Overall very pleased. Pluses: dries quickly, comfort, lids don’t stick. Negative: my fishing partner gets her feet a little muddy and leaves footprints on the deck which is a little tedious to clean.

Several of my friends who are looking to replace carpet are looking at sea deck. The gap problem is a concern - also I’d think the lid edges aren’t finished real well - I’m curious how the newly exposed surface looks.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpumpkin View Post
    I ordered my boat new with it. Overall very pleased. Pluses: dries quickly, comfort, lids don’t stick. Negative: my fishing partner gets her feet a little muddy and leaves footprints on the deck which is a little tedious to clean.

Several of my friends who are looking to replace carpet are looking at sea deck. The gap problem is a concern - also I’d think the lid edges aren’t finished real well - I’m curious how the newly exposed surface looks.
    I would think that it would be worth their time to remove the old carpet from the lids, clean up all the remaining glue and repaint the lids. At least the edges that will be exposed. I can't imagine they are going to look good at all without some refinishing. Some boats only the inside of the lids are painted.

Otherwise, I looked in to having MarineMat cut for my cockpit floor. Decided it wasn't worth the cost at $500 just for the one piece.
    Last edited by Riccochet; 06-25-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post

What's something like this cost? Looks damn nice!

14. Member
    I had a bid for my 181, around $900 for them to do it, never did

Quote Originally Posted by thebassoutlaw View Post
    What's something like this cost? Looks damn nice!
    was $800 with them pulling the old carpet out. Would have saved some $ by pulling it out myself. I am extremely happy with it.

I am a sea deck fan but you might think about what it's like with frost on it .

17. Member
    I've got a Champion and I would like to have it done exactly like the one pictured above. Is that product called Aquatraction ?
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I've got a Champion and I would like to have it done exactly like the one pictured above. Is that product called Aquatraction ?
    yes, local Aqua traction dealer did it. Nautirenovtions from St. Louis
    https://nautirenovations.com/