"C" Boat Bolsters

I had the same issue as most with my "14" Z118C. The bolsters were fading and looking stained (white streaks) from I assume water. My boat is gargaed so the only sun it sees is when I am fishing and that is not as much as most. Anything I tried to bring back color was only temporary at best so I decided to paint them with a spray paint rated for plastic.

I was going to remove the seats anyway to clean behind them and removed the bolsters. There is your pretty finish behind them whatever color or finishg you have so it would look good with out them. Some screw holes would have to be dealt with and probably some non skid on the ramp and down by where the reels ride to prevent scratching of gel coat.

There is some old contact cement to remove where carpet is covering screw heads. Don't worry, that plastic is some tough stuff and acetone does not even phase it.

I sprayed mine with flat black and cut some new pieces of carpet. Re-installed and cemented carpet pieces last and at least for now, looks good as new. Time will tell.

bolster1.jpg

bolster2.jpg

bolster3.jpg

I used chemical guys undercarriage spray…they look better than new and it’s lasting forever. Awesome stuff.

3. Member
    looks good!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Mine were really faded and considered spray painting them. Had tried everything I could find.
    Then I bought some Meguiars Ultimate Black. Awesome. Use once a month. Now they stay looking new.

Did mine 4 years ok with Rust-oleum wipe new. Still look new, better than new actually. Great stuff.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Are you talking about the black plastic trim?
    1999 Triton tr21 225 opti
    2004 Ranger 520vx 225 Evinrude HO
    2016 Ranger Z521c 250 Evinrude G2

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Yes, this thread is talking about the black plastic trim lining the inside of the gunwales next to each of the sit-down seats of the cockpit. The second of the three pictures provided by the OP most clearly shows this trim.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. Member
    That looks real good.! Your hired to do mine.!!