Nocco charger HOT!!

I don't know if this is normal under normal circumstance.
    I left my TM switch on last time I put boat away (3 weeks ago), picked up boat yesterday, did not realized that I never plugged charger in till just before going to bed. This morning I opened door to garage and noticed blue light indicating TM is on. I went to put stuff in compartment nearest charger and compartment was hot. I removed container and felt NOCCO 4 bank charger and it was hot, only 1 green light for starting battery and 3 red lights for TM. Does it hurt the charger if TM is left on while charging? And is it normal for charger to feel hot?
    How much draw is there to the blue light?

Thanks

2. Scraps
    Sounds like the TM batteries were fully discharged. Charger was working hard to get it back to full charge. Usually need a separate, auto type charger to bring back a dead charger. If it's an AGM battery even more difficult. Just went through this myself. Took a LONG time charging to bring it back. You could also try charging one battery at a time, disconnect the other three leads - make sure they're not touching each other or anything conductive. I think I'm gonna buy a NOCO G7000 which has the "repair" mode for bringing back a dead battery.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Does it hurt the charger if TM is left on while charging? And is it normal for charger to feel hot?
    Doesn't hurt the charger if trolling mtr is left on----depending on what troll-mtr you have it can ruin it even if left hooked up.
    Yes the charger putts out a lot of heat-- the harder it's working the more it puts out.

4. Member
    Went out this morning after charging all night and all lights were green and charger was a lot cooler to touch. I can't think the batteries drained completely just from having it on, but it was three weeks.

I think I might get in a habit of taking out the container from the compartment, just to get some air around the charger, so it doesn't get so hot.

I have a 36volt Ultrex

Yes sir---- I try to keep everything away from the charger and open the compartment lid when charging.

6. Member
    My NOCO genius x 4 has been plugged up for about 4 hours today. Only 3 batts hooked to it now. 2 green lights on lithiums and one red (older AGM). The charger is just slightly warm.

7. Member
    Always leave the hatch open when charging in the garage and partially open when under the cover. More for peace of mind probably that anything.