Mercury 115 ELPTO bogs then stalls

Motor is a 2004. Serial number OT918886. Recently replaced all fuel lines from tank to motor including primer bulb. Now, the lines will not hold fuel at lower RPMs, but it runs perfectly fine at top end. Every time I come off pad, The motor bogs then stalls. I have to pump the primer bulb back up in order to get the motor to start. Does this sound as simple as possibly a fitting that is leaking air? Did I install the wrong size fuel line? (3/8"). Or do I need to start looking at fuel delivery under the cowling?

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did you follow the below link's instructions PRECISELY and EXACTLY? If not, I would recommend you back up and do so FIRST (don't skip anything, don't substitute anything, and do all items at same time).

FUEL LINES AND PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I'll double check... but I'm pretty sure the line from the buld to the fuel pump is 3/8" as well. Everything else should check out though... I'll report back. (And do the hot water trick.)

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Pulse Pump rebuilt with OEM kit AND fuel filter at the same time?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Culprit.... Everything was new from the tank to the fuel pump. I replaced the fuel filter, but only opened and inspected the pump for debris. My "save $30 on Amazon" fuel line without using the hot water advice at the fittings cost me a second grey fuel line and bulb (quicksilver this time). Every fitting on the grey line looked like this, and it had several "soft" spots along the length. Thanks for the advice! She's running like a top once again!20220629_134544.jpg
    Last edited by badbub19; 07-10-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

6. Member
    makes me smile , wish i had a dolla for every foot of aftermarrket lines and bulbs ive thrown away
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................