2003 Skeeter TZX190 Floor

I bought a 2003 TZX190 and the floor where the dual consoles meet the front deck feel like a piece of glass is coming up under the carpet. The area doesn't feel soft, more like the glass isn't adhering quite right in that area. I jumped up and down in that area and poked at it with a screw driver, it's solid as a rock under this little flap feeling area.

Anyone has had this? I'm considering replacing the carpet in the floor with something else (seadeck or something) and wondered if anyone else ran into the issue.

2. Member
    Curious about this as well in my 1998 zx185. I’m planning to re do carpet next month.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnhams View Post
    Curious about this as well in my 1998 zx185. I’m planning to re do carpet next month.
    Does yours have that same thing between the consoles? It's literally right up against the front deck.

4. Member
    Mine is right about where I step down from the deck and seems to be around a 12” square.

5. Member
    Let me know what you find when you redo the carpet. Pictures would be awesome!

6. Member
    Will do. I just found out there is a Gator step installer that moved in just down the way from me. Probably going to go with that for the console area or at least price it out.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnhams View Post
    Will do. I just found out there is a Gator step installer that moved in just down the way from me. Probably going to go with that for the console area or at least price it out.
    I'm thinking of installing Seadeck or some similar material on the floor when the carpet needs replaced.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wabash2015 View Post
    I bought a 2003 TZX190 and the floor where the dual consoles meet the front deck feel like a piece of glass is coming up under the carpet. The area doesn't feel soft, more like the glass isn't adhering quite right in that area. I jumped up and down in that area and poked at it with a screw driver, it's solid as a rock under this little flap feeling area.

Anyone has had this? I'm considering replacing the carpet in the floor with something else (seadeck or something) and wondered if anyone else ran into the issue.
    My last Skeeter had this "bump". It was the joint where the front and rear floorboard were joined with a strip of fibreglass on top to bond them together. When I re-did the carpet I ground down the glass strip and did a "neater" job of adding a new one, so no more bump.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    My last Skeeter had this "bump". It was the joint where the front and rear floorboard were joined with a strip of fibreglass on top to bond them together. When I re-did the carpet I ground down the glass strip and did a "neater" job of adding a new one, so no more bump.
    That's what I figured it was after reading a couple of older posts on this forum. I'll probably do the same thing when I replace the carpet with seadek.