Ranger Emblem Illumination

Hey Guys, Help an old guy's memory out...

Second year with my 2020 Z520L bought as demo from dealer. I only went out night fishing once last summer and could have sworn the ranger emblem next to the step cooler illuminated when I turned my console and compartment lights on (see pic). Just went out the other night and it didn't illuminate. Wondering if I dreamed this or it is supposed to illuminate when console and/or compartment lights are on. If so, I'd like to fix it. I remember thinking how cool it was that it illuminated, but my memory isn't what it used to be. Could be age, bourbon or both. Thanks for helping me out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    I had a 19 520L boat. The sides of the console lights up, the grab rails at the stern lights up, but I don’t recall that one lighting up. Convince yourself, drop the screws out of the tool holder, and check for wires in the back of the emblem. Go easy on the bourbon

3. Member
    Thanks. Thought about doing that to see. Sounds like you’ve been talking to my wife. ��

4. Member
    Yep. No wires. Time to go on the wagon.

5. Member
    So here’s an update. Just fooling around in the garage and found that it does illuminate but not with navigation lights running. Anchor light can be on though. And it is a part of the compartment light function. Not sure where they ran the wires though. Maybe I can keep drinking after all. Noticed the red lights at the stern also go out when Navi lights are on. Probably a safety feature of some sort. Sound right?

6. Member
    Keep drinking and carry on!

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Bravo 1 FS
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

Quote Originally Posted by dkinney6 View Post
    Yep. No wires. Time to go on the wagon.
    Reflecting on that…pun intended.

8. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Member
    No other lights are supposed to be on when the navigation lights are on. Only the red/green at the bow and the all around white light at the stern. That will be the reason your red lights at the stern go out when you turn on the Nav function.

Mine lights up
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4