Thread: No Truck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No Truck

Been driving a pickup for over 40 years and had used many makes and models, but as of yesterday I am truckless. As I grow older I decided I would sell my Silverado and get me a small suv so I am now a suv driver. Sold my bass boat over 3 years ago and with gas prices being what they are decided I just didn't need the pickup any longer. Tough decision and don't know how I will do with my new Buick Encore, but here goes. Amazing how aging changes ones lifestyle, but thank the good Lord I am still kicking, just not as high. Anyone else make this transaction?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    with gas prices being what they are decided I just didn't need the pickup any longer.
    That's unfortunate and it didn't have to be this way.

3. Member
    Sold my boat last Friday. Still don't know what to think. Takes my breath every time I walk through my garage.

4. Member
    I have a pretty nice truck that I paid off last year. Last fall I decided to buy an older truck for everyday driving and back and forth to work. It is amazing like you said that with age how our preferences and needs change. I like driving my old 98 and only pull out my good truck for pulling the boat. In my mid 20's I would of drove my good truck and never drove the older truck as I wouldn't of felt "cool". As I have aged I have gotten to a point where I do me and care about no ones opinions or thoughts.

5. Member
    As long as you are happy, all that counts.

I feel 108, but glad I have a truck. Get MRIs tomorrow. But from old ones, already know 4 blown out disc's need repaired.And new MRIs will show if any of the many bulging disc's have gotten any worse, or any of the others that were just herniated. I had 10 total. So we will see after tomorrow. But truck has been a good fit for me even though I had to totally stop fishing more than a year ago.

If I didn't have a bass boat, I would consider going without a pickup. But no plans to go boatless, I love fishing.

To each their own, but I've gotta have a truck.

If it wasn't for my job and/or bass fishing I'd have a Tacoma
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    If I didn't have a bass boat, I would consider going without a pickup. But no plans to go boatless, I love fishing.
    Exactly!
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

9. #FRB
    I drive a Ram and they're known for riding really good for a truck but am wanting something that rides better and easier to squeeze in tight parking spots. Since I don't see myself having much more of a boat than I do now (might step up to an 18' aluminum with a 115 eventually) I'm considering a Maverick or Ridgeline for my next "truck". I like an open bed behind me but rarely if ever need more than a little bit of it at a time. Also use the boat ramp 10 mins down the road 99% of the time so almost no long haul boat pulling for me. With the price you have to pay for body on frame trucks these days you have to be honest with yourself on whether or not you NEED something like that or if you're just getting it because that's what you've always done. All that said, how does a Frontier or Tacoma ride in comparison to a fullsize truck? I know the Colorado rides pretty good but don't have a lot of faith in the V6 they use.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

10. Member
    Have a Tundra and a Ranger that seem to guzzle gas. Will continue to use both, only closer to me.

11. Member
    If it wasn’t for my boat I would get rid of my truck and add another muscle car to the garage.

I've got a Ram 3500 dually with 6.7 Cummins HO.......I use it when I pull a trailer or take the trash off or haul anything.....but my daily driver is a Honda motorcycle with storage boxes on it to get groceries and beer.....

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I drive a Ram and they're known for riding really good for a truck but am wanting something that rides better and easier to squeeze in tight parking spots. Since I don't see myself having much more of a boat than I do now (might step up to an 18' aluminum with a 115 eventually) I'm considering a Maverick or Ridgeline for my next "truck". I like an open bed behind me but rarely if ever need more than a little bit of it at a time. Also use the boat ramp 10 mins down the road 99% of the time so almost no long haul boat pulling for me. With the price you have to pay for body on frame trucks these days you have to be honest with yourself on whether or not you NEED something like that or if you're just getting it because that's what you've always done. All that said, how does a Frontier or Tacoma ride in comparison to a fullsize truck? I know the Colorado rides pretty good but don't have a lot of faith in the V6 they use.
    I miss the room of a f/s truck. That’s the main reason I let the Ridgeline go. I have not drove a Maverick, but all the other body on frame 1/4 tons were smaller and rode like little trucks where the unibody Ridgeline rode like a car.

14. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    No sir...... I will die with my truck and boat hooked to it......

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Been driving a pickup for over 40 years and had used many makes and models, but as of yesterday I am truckless. As I grow older I decided I would sell my Silverado and get me a small suv so I am now a suv driver. Sold my bass boat over 3 years ago and with gas prices being what they are decided I just didn't need the pickup any longer. Tough decision and don't know how I will do with my new Buick Encore, but here goes. Amazing how aging changes ones lifestyle, but thank the good Lord I am still kicking, just not as high. Anyone else make this transaction?
    Turn in your Man card.

16. Banned
    First vehicle I ever bought myself was a truck and ive always had a truck ever since.... now I’m ashamed to admit how many lol

17. Member
    I like BIG trucks and I cannot lie! Those other folks cain't...
    I'm at the point now I don't care what they raise the price to and it won't hurt my feelings if it goes past 10.00. My 6.4 mega cab will still be hauling my fat but only. Back and fourth to work. Got use to double/triple swiping my card years ago.

You can set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill but i still wouldnt trade it for coupe Deville

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I bought my first boat 43 years ago and I’ve never owned a truck. Oddly enough, I might buy one in a year or two if a Maverick is considered to be a truck.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

20. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I bought my first boat 43 years ago and I’ve never owned a truck. Oddly enough, I might buy one in a year or two if a Maverick is considered to be a truck.
    Whether or not it's a "truck" depends on who you ask, lol. More of a "ute" to my eyes but it will be the perfect economical solution for a lot of people who could use a truck but don't need the full potential of a body on frame truck. According to some here on the BBC you need a 1 ton dually to haul a small trailer or a couple bags of mulch in the bed
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast