Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ionic vs Impulse

I know this Lithium battery question has been asked over and over again, but the last threads I read about them were from 2021 so I wanted to get some more recent feedback on them. Looking at the Ionic 50ah or Impulse 60ah or the Ionic/Impulse 100ah. Any reason you would choose one over the other? I did a price comparison between the two and it doesn't look like it's good for people to post pricing so I won't do that. Both have bluetooth capabilities. Impulse by far has the better warranty as I believe it's an 11 year full replacement warranty, where the Ionic is prorated at different years. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thoughts and opinions please?

2. Member
    Lots of happy customers with both, flip a coin.

I would and did chose 60ah over 50ah. I like the 20% extra capacity. If going 100ah, then flip a coin. In my case, I would still go Impulse because I am within driving distance of the warehouse if I have an issue. I have not though.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan View Post
    I know this Lithium battery question has been asked over and over again, but the last threads I read about them were from 2021 so I wanted to get some more recent feedback on them. Looking at the Ionic 50ah or Impulse 60ah or the Ionic/Impulse 100ah. Any reason you would choose one over the other? I did a price comparison between the two and it doesn't look like it's good for people to post pricing so I won't do that. Both have bluetooth capabilities. Impulse by far has the better warranty as I believe it's an 11 year full replacement warranty, where the Ionic is prorated at different years. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thoughts and opinions please?
    Ionic had the first bluetooth app. They also had the first LiFePo4 starting battery. Impulse wasnt around when I bought my Ionics. Ionics have been tested and proven. I'm sticking with my Ionics and with Andy at Drewcraft.

5. Member
    It doesn’t sound like you can go wrong either way. Impulse has a far better warranty, but just a little more expensive although you’re getting a 60ah battery so it probably equals out to being the same cost.

6. Member
    Have heard nothing bad about either brand or the sponsors on this board selling them. That being said on the 3rd season with ionics and no issues
    Fish have fins, they swim

Pretty sure ReLion had the first cranking battery.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    At just $.65 more per amp hour, I think I'm going to go with Impulse for their warranty. If you consider actual amp hours available to use (60ah vs only 40ah) then the Impulse is actually a $1.25 an amp hour cheaper. Can't beat 10 years fully replaceable with no prorate either.

9. Member
    Personally I think they are both great batterys. Honestly you can't go wrong with either. I chose impulse because I'm only 20 mins from Pelham,Al. From my job. This and warranty made a big factor in my pick.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

10. Member
    I went with Ionic 50AH for my 24V Ghost and 125AH starting and electronics battery because when I ordered Impulse equivalent was out of stock and I needed them before they were going to be restocked. I just fished 11 hours on St Clair and had 42% left in my TM batteries and 65% left in my cranking batteries. I ran my TM at 50% most of the day and all I can say is I’ve been thoroughly impressed with them. In my opinion they are both quality products and you can’t go wrong with either one.

11. Member
    I got 2-100A Impulse from K&K for a 24v Ultrex on a zx185. I’ve fished them for two tournaments so far. Constant on most of the day with medium wind. 84 and 85% left at the end of the day. Almost with I had gone with the 60A.
    Last edited by fishnhams; 06-25-2022 at 10:29 PM.

12. Member
    I dont think you can go wrong with either one. Ionic and Impulse were similar price (on website but always message through BBC to get a discount) but Ionic size that I needed was on backorder when I needed some so I looked in to Impulse and ordered from them and they are great batteries and great service. Both were very responsive to my emails and questions. Ionic had a 8yr non prorated warranty and Impulse has a 10 year non prorated warranty which seems like a big deal if you need to use it. Strangely enough, Ionic shows that the 100ah is estimated to last more cycles (3000) than Impulse (2000+) for some reason on their website but not sure how much that means compared to actual usage, I have been highly satisfied with the Impulse but either seem to be a great investment.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Anyone looking for Impulse contact me we have the best BBC pricing.

Based on some rudimentary research I'm getting impulse.

Not only is the warranty better with 10 more ah, but the platinums are bluetooth capable AND above all have a cylindrical cells. (From what I've researched, I like the cylindrical cells better than the prismatic cells)

I put together an excel spreadsheet from my research. (Disclaimer: this research is a few months old so prices may not be accurate)
    mfeLmda.jpgYou'll need to open it and zoom to max to actually read it...

Didn't realize just how many folks were in the lithium game until I started digging. There's also a crap load of LiFePO4 batteries on Amazon which I personally won't go near.
    united in the pursuit of bass.

Thanks for sharing your info BassCPT, very informative!!!

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCPT View Post
    Based on some rudimentary research I'm getting impulse.

Not only is the warranty better with 10 more ah, but the platinums are bluetooth capable AND above all have a cylindrical cells. (From what I've researched, I like the cylindrical cells better than the prismatic cells)

I put together an excel spreadsheet from my research. (Disclaimer: this research is a few months old so prices may not be accurate)
    mfeLmda.jpgYou'll need to open it and zoom to max to actually read it...

Didn't realize just how many folks were in the lithium game until I started digging. There's also a crap load of LiFePO4 batteries on Amazon which I personally won't go near.
    here when needed

17. Member
    This is exactly what I was looking for, but didn’t know if it was okay to post pricing. When and where did you see the Ionic 100ah for $699? That’s a great price, although I’m with you I think I’m going with Impulse from Impulse Lithium. They currently have the best pricing for BBC members.

18. Member
    Wonder if there will be some 4th of a July sales this coming weekend.

19. Member
    I did not look everything up, but there is some old/bad info in the table. Prices, warranties and specs. The internet is a tricky place to get info. I think using it to get a list you like and research the current info from the sources would yield more current info. It is a fast changing very competitive market. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

20. Member
    I don't get the big hoopla when comparing a 50ah to 60ah. I mean if two of each went thru a 8hr day under same conditions more likely than not you'll still need to recharge the 60ah as well. Unless you fish in big current I could see having the extra but then most will just opt for the 100ah. I'm I missing something?
    Last edited by Phippy; 06-28-2022 at 02:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast