New regs for ADK invasive booat check

There are new regulations for fishing in the ADK and area surrounding it. Went into effect in June. Seems be be a form needs to be filled out
    for each visit. Might want to look into before heading that way.

DEC Launches New Aquatic Invasive Species Requirements for Motorized Boats in Adirondack Waters - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
    Last edited by Fishead1167; 06-23-2022 at 11:40 AM.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

2. Member
    Went into affect a few weeks ago and applies to any water within a 10 miles of the blue line. Self issue permits are allowed but just have to really make sure everything is cleaned out.

i fish in the ADKs a lot, and those stewards have been nothing but pleasant. Do your part and they won’t bother anyone.. i have a feeling it will go statewide as more and more ramp stewards have been in places that they were never before.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Why only Motorized vessels and not everyone.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Why only Motorized vessels and not everyone.
    They check kayaks and canoes as well, just don’t require an inspection slip for some reason.
    1995 Ranger 481v

5. Member
    You notice how these clowns fuss over any boat, but they don't have a solution on how to control the spread by aquatic birds and other animals. Always blame someone or something that is easily tangible and possible source of revenue. Look at the crap that is going on against firearms, that now is expanding even against permit holders, instead of looking at the locations and population where all the homicide are happening and WHY??? ( hint, DD shooting DD)

6. Member
    Canadarago was the worst. the stewards said they target bass boats specifically and blame bass anglers for transferring all the invasive species. This is also coming from the same guy who threatened to have a few of us arrested cause we had dead, shriveled up weeds on the trailer and took off peoples trolling motor props (bending shear pins and blades in the process) without permission, and said he would physically prevent us from launching until he gave us permission haha.. I haven’t seen or heard about him since so I think they kicked him off ramp duty.

i completely get it, especially in the ADKs but still. Canadarago could use a bit of milfoil to make the fishing better anyways
    1995 Ranger 481v

7. Member
    Cobb,

None has ever launched a bass boat in my pond or brought in anything thing from any other sources of water with the exception of all the ducks, geese, and others that fly into it from Lk Ontario, which is about 3/4 mile from my pond. I have all types of PITA weeds in it now that I am fighting all of the time trying to keep it clear for my fish. I thought about getting grass eating carp, but that would require a permit and give access to DEC to my pond, and my shooting range is near it, so we value our privacy more that having them around.

These days, everyone is looking to place blame on something or someone, but they fail to look at how much natural dissipation and adaptation occurs, so the politicians have another cause to hide behind their ignorance. BTW, milfoil would give the small fries some habitat to hide and grow, and not get eaten so much.
    Last edited by digthemup; 06-25-2022 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Dbl Post
    Last edited by OBT; 06-26-2022 at 05:52 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Cobb,

None has ever launched a bass boat in my pond or brought in anything thing from any other sources of water with the exception of all the ducks, geese, and others that fly into it from Lk Ontario, which is about 3/4 mile from my pond. I have all types of PITA weeds in it now that I am fighting all of the time trying to keep it clear for my fish. I thought about getting grass eating carp, but that would require a permit and give access to DEC to my pond, and my shooting range is near it, so we value our privacy more that having them around.

These days, everyone is looking to place blame on something or someone, but they fail to look at how much natural dissipation and adaptation occurs, so the politicians have another cause to hide behind their ignorance. BTW, milfoil would give the small fries some habitat to hide and grow, and not get eaten so much.
    ^^ This. However, try explaining it to Lake Front Property Associations! I have and it's impossible to get them to see, or they already know it and are more concerned with having to rake up the dead weeds after a busy weekend, (And always blame the bass fishermen for it even though there are twice as many pontoon boats running around the lake chopping them up) and lets not forget the resale value of their lake home would decrease if the lake appears to be "to weedy". If you get right down to it, it really has very little to do with invasive weeds in the lakes.
    Last edited by OBT; 06-26-2022 at 05:52 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

10. Member
    So if you fish inside the blue line outlined and the 10 mile border you need to get a certified cleaning. But if you fish outside the designated zone you do not have to show certification of a clean/dry boat etc... I dont get up to the Adirondacks as much as I used to before I had these little kiddos, but be nice to know before I get to the launch haha. THanks guys

11. Member
    Ya you don’t need to show certification outside the blue line. But as long as the trailer is dry and you don’t have visible weeds on your boat or trailer, you can fill out a self issue form and forgo the cleaning stations. Some places will still do a visual check though and it’s becoming more of a statewide thing. I was fishing in Inlet this weekend and the ramp steward just checked the boat as I pulled it out of the water and wrote down the registration number. She had zero interest in seeing it haha
    Last edited by ECobb91; 06-27-2022 at 06:17 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

12. Member
    HAHAHA - thats kinda the sentiment I see as well

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Canadarago was the worst. the stewards said they target bass boats specifically and blame bass anglers for transferring all the invasive species. This is also coming from the same guy who threatened to have a few of us arrested cause we had dead, shriveled up weeds on the trailer and took off peoples trolling motor props (bending shear pins and blades in the process) without permission, and said he would physically prevent us from launching until he gave us permission haha.. I haven’t seen or heard about him since so I think they kicked him off ramp duty.

i completely get it, especially in the ADKs but still. Canadarago could use a bit of milfoil to make the fishing better anyways
    That dude is the worst!! heard he is back but cant confirm