Thread: AT freezing

AT freezing

I have AT on my bass and big water boats. My brand new one freezes every 2-4hrs of use for 10-15 seconds then comes back normally. Overlays stay. Depth/forward range and x/y axis lines stay. just loose the sonar (black). Voltage not the issue as dedicated 10g from my new ionics 125 lithium feeding just my sonar on board. voltage showed 12.8-12.9 all day yesterday and froze 3x in 11hrs on the water.

Wonder if anyone else has this issue. The AT was just installed. I have never seen this on my bass boat unit.

Thx

2. Member
    I have seen similar behavior with my AT and live 12 at the latest software levels….following.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

Mine did it last weekend several times. The first two weeks i used it , no problem. I have a Carbon 12 with New AT and latest update.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

4. Member
    Mine did that then while in a tournament it went out completely it would still powered up but said no source. Had HiTec outdoors look at it and they found a bad connection with fuse and replaced it. Only been out on the water for a couple hrs but all seems to be working like new. The bad fuse was one installed with AT. I would check connection and/or replace them.

5. Member
    Typical causes for AT to freeze:
    Not doing a hard reset on the head-unit after softwareupdates. (Save waypoints first.)
    Low voltage. (Caused by bad battery, bad connections or undersized wiring.)
    Overheated module.