trim position sensor alarm

All,

Still battling the intermittent Trim Position sensor alarm. I thought I had it fixed by re-setting the starboard bushing back flush with the housing. But last trip out, high speed shallow turn, I got the alarm again. By high speed shallow turn, I'm talking 60mph and about a 3 to 5 degree heading change. Starting to think the trim position sensor itself is beginning to fail. Is it true, the system will auto trim down if it senses a turn at high speed? I'm not familiar with this tech if it is installed.

Secondly, if I pick up a new trim position sensor, is it as simple and changing it out? or is there a clocking procedure required?

This is more of a nuisance, as I am able to trim the engine throughout both trim and tilt ranges. I have checked connections for corrosion, wire damage, and any "build-up" on the sensor itself.

2019 250 ProXS
    2B531340
    Ranger Z521c

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please provide the fault number OR the exact verbiage displayed with the fault. Also what device you are seeing the fault displayed on.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    “Starboard engine trim position sensor not working properly” I believe it listed code 96.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    May need to inspect or replace the crosspin and tri-lobe pin (and make sure that the trim sensor is securely plugged into the harness, with no loose wires in the connector).

Sensor failure is possible... G3 Monitoring of the sensor during a sweep-test of it's range (or recording of it while on the water) may prove helpful as well.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor