Triton 186 magnum aluminum?

Local guy has a 2005 Triton 186 Magnum aluminum boat with a 150 XR6 for sale, he is asking $12,500 for it. I wasn't even aware that Triton ever made these boats it is the first one I have heard of, anyone have any experience with them? How fast would it run with that XR6 on it?

2. Member
    I have a 2006 Triton V186 magnum. They are a great aluminum boat with a pad hull. Front storage is open all the way to the bow. They ride good for an aluminum boat. It should run right at 60 if it’s not loaded down heavy. Look it over well and don’t hesitate to buy if it’s in good shape. I wouldn’t sell mine for that price.

3. Member
    I agree with JPbassin. I have a 2003 186 Magnum and I love it. All aluminum, pad hull, tons of storage (under all the front deck is storage), rides good with a shallow draft. Very good boat that will last you for a long time.
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

4. Member
    I have a 05 with a XR6 150. I can get mid 50’s loaded all day. I love mine! I dont have big water around me so its nice fishing smaller lakes and the most important thing is i didnt give 70,000 to see it get scratched. If i had big water around me and thats all i had to fish then i would choose a 20ft glass boat. If its in good shape and not been abused, i would say go for it. They are great boats with great layouts! Sad that they quit making them! I think if someone would copy the layout and style of them, they could still sell them.

5. Member
    I have a 2004 V186 magnum with a 115 Merc. Rides great, handles really well too. Runs about 50, fast enough for me. I did remove the rod tube in the port rod locker for more and easier rod storage. Overall a great boat, sounds like a good deal if it's in good shape.

6. Member
    The XR6 is a great motor

7. Member
    I'm buying one tomorrow, 2004 w/mercury 150. I'll have to replace the carpet but I hope it's my last boat. I wanted one for a long time and couldn't afford one but I'm pulling the trigger on this one.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wash-n-lures View Post
    I agree with JPbassin. I have a 2003 186 Magnum and I love it. All aluminum, pad hull, tons of storage (under all the front deck is storage), rides good with a shallow draft. Very good boat that will last you for a long time.
    The one I was looking at sold but I found an 03 with a Yamaha 150 on it. How big is the live well and what kind of pump system does it have? Does it have freshwater and recerc pumps both on timers and does it have a pump out?