Thread: AT Alignment?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AT Alignment?

Just wondering if my bracket is bent correct? While looking at the transducer it has a slight left angle looking from the front on the motor/transducer which I’m guessing is causing it to be off to the right on the display. Originally thought the indicator arrow was pointing the wrong way. Anyone else had this problem?

2. Member
    How about some pics on how the transducer is mounted on the Shaft

4. Member
    Looks correct - in forward mode there - from what I can tell.

5. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett@RMP View Post
    Looks correct - in forward mode there - from what I can tell.
    Agree..what he said …

Correct forward view but I don’t know how to turn the picture so makes it the right direction. hard to see that the “seam” line of the transducer isn’t parallel with the shaft. I’m guessing that’s what causing my “view” not to align with the direction arrow?

7. Member
    Can't really tell from that pic but best Hight is 8" from top of motor to bottom of AT shaft bracket , all else looks good other than I can't see the marks for forward. Do a screen shot next I don't get what you mean by the view not align with the direction arrow.

8. Member
    Saw a video where a guy took a level and laid it across the trolling motor. he put a towel under which ever end was not level until he got it level. He then laid the level across the center transducer on the AT transducer and moved it until it was level. Supposedly, this will get the transducer perfectly lined up with the head of the trolling motor.

Measured straight edge from shaft to be parallel. Hopefully you can see the AT transducer and how from top to bottom goes right to left. Think this is causing my “view” to be wrong.
    0E1D3216-B40B-48DF-A353-24B32A24424A.jpeg

10. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Also this link, explains what sources is used to determine/assist/influences the direction of the directional icon of the AT transducer. I know there was some debate on this in a post in early 2021. But this is a good read.

From Lowrance Support Articles: https://www.lowrance.com/en-nz/help-...uideId=535-377

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    Measured straight edge from shaft to be parallel. Hopefully you can see the AT transducer and how from top to bottom goes right to left. Think this is causing my “view” to be wrong.
    That is by design if it was exactly straight then the beam would be blocked by the motor. Show us the view you keep talking about

Any of you guys stow starboard?

13. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup

Ok better view. The AT target transducer does not appear to be parallel to the trolling motor head (length wise). Need to loosen the bracket on the shaft and rotate it a hair counter clock wise (bases on the view of ur picture). Like Dylevan stated there are several YouTube videos out there that demonstrates using a small level to do this alignment. Basically stow the trolling motor. Place a level on the trolling motor head from cone to prop, shim the trolling motor until it is level (use what ever you may have as shims), then move the level to the side of the AT transducer, and rotate the transducers shaft mount unit it is level, and retighten the shaft mount. Angles play on each other, but what I can tell it needs rotating a bit and once level that top to bottom angle may look better.

I don’t know about Lowrance, but the Garmin LiveScope transducer mount has a built in 8 degree cant. Their reasoning was to miss the radius of the trolling motor and to slightly widen the cone angle. However, as separate mounting poles became popular, they introduced a zero degree mount.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

15. Member
    Any of you guys stow starboard?
    Do you mean prop in or out? Prop IN is best you can set that under autopilot so it permanent every time you pull your ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Do you mean prop in or out? Prop IN is best you can set that under autopilot so it permanent every time you pull your ghost
    you can set both in or out. Prop on the starboard side. I ended up just bypassing the shaft mount and going to try the motor mount for forward view to see if that helps. Looking at it visually aligns better, maybe the 3-1 won’t effect it as much and can leave it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylevan View Post
    Saw a video where a guy took a level and laid it across the trolling motor. he put a towel under which ever end was not level until he got it level. He then laid the level across the center transducer on the AT transducer and moved it until it was level. Supposedly, this will get the transducer perfectly lined up with the head of the trolling motor.
    yes I had done that too when I was doing to searching for the fix, didn’t work for me?

18. Member
    After all this I still don't really know what your issue is. Are you not getting range forward distance on the forward view, Can you just explain what you are seeing and let me figure out the why and trust me when I say its not that L bracket. How far can you read in forward? When you put the unit in Auto for view what View does it show you? I have installed and setup a 100 or so AT and never had any issues except for guys that brought them to me after they installed it, to correct it.

I just switched to a FO 0* mount for my AT, it came with a spacer/bump out to ensure the transducer beam clears the TM body. Played with it for the first time today and am pretty impressed with it. It does stick out a bit more than the oem mount (of course) so it remains to be seen if this will be an issue in Florida grass/weeds, but I am happy with it so far...

https://fishobsessed.com/collections...ng-motor-z-pkg

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    After all this I still don't really know what your issue is. Are you not getting range forward distance on the forward view, Can you just explain what you are seeing and let me figure out the why and trust me when I say its not that L bracket. How far can you read in forward? When you put the unit in Auto for view what View does it show you? I have installed and setup a 100 or so AT and never had any issues except for guys that brought them to me after they installed it, to correct it.
    okay update, changed to the trolling motor mount and come to the conclusion the following.

1. Ghost trolling motor directional arrow sticks/lags and doesn’t point with the motor. Cleaned the arrow indicator magnet and put a light coat of dielectric grease and still not working correctly. Seems the icon on the HDS is more accurate but not as easy to use as the trolling motor arrow.

2. Lack of bottom range, mounting to the trolling motor seems to have helped some. Only thing I wasn’t able to check is adding a AT module ground as I didn’t have anything to use with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast