Thread: AT Alignment?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    okay update, changed to the trolling motor mount and come to the conclusion the following.

1. Ghost trolling motor directional arrow sticks/lags and doesn’t point with the motor. Cleaned the arrow indicator magnet and put a light coat of dielectric grease and still not working correctly. Seems the icon on the HDS is more accurate but not as easy to use as the trolling motor arrow.

Not sure how old you Ghost is but there is an update for that arrow made of new material that works better You have a 3yr warranty so call them and explain so they can get you the new one, When that is fixed then you will still see a lag on your AT pointer unless you have a Point One/GPS ant as the heading sensor fixes the lag, currently without the Point 1 the pointer is based on a calculated course over ground and you have to move 10 before it reacts.

2. Lack of bottom range, mounting to the trolling motor seems to have helped some. Only thing I wasn’t able to check is adding a AT module ground as I didn’t have anything to use with me.
    When you say bottom range, is that depth, is that forward range on forward view on the bottom? How many feet out can you see 25, 50 60, 80??? How far out does the bottom start to break up vs solid.? if you are less that 60 feet then you have a Ghost mounting issue on your bow. It means THe bow is pointed down and pushes the TM shaft back and I have see as much as 8 deg. When you level the GHost it will go from25ft to 80 ft. The first step to test this is when on the water with your ghost deployed measure the angle at which the boat sits in the water. If you have a point 1 you can get the altitude pitch if not use a level. Then put on the trailer, jack up the trailer to that same deg, measure the TM shaft angle as it is deployed. if its not 90deg then you have an issue causing short range in forward view.

2. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    When you say bottom range, is that depth, is that forward range on forward view on the bottom? How many feet out can you see 25, 50 60, 80??? How far out does the bottom start to break up vs solid.? if you are less that 60 feet then you have a Ghost mounting issue on your bow. It means THe bow is pointed down and pushes the TM shaft back and I have see as much as 8 deg. When you level the GHost it will go from25ft to 80 ft. The first step to test this is when on the water with your ghost deployed measure the angle at which the boat sits in the water. If you have a point 1 you can get the altitude pitch if not use a level. Then put on the trailer, jack up the trailer to that same deg, measure the TM shaft angle as it is deployed. if its not 90deg then you have an issue causing short range in forward view.
    yes only see bottom for about 35’. How do you find the altitude pitch with the point 1?

thanks guys for all your help!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    yes only see bottom for about 35’. How do you find the altitude pitch with the point 1?

thanks guys for all your help!
    Go to Pages/Settings/Network/Device list/Point 1/Data its the 1st or 2n item at the top of the list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12