BBC SPONSOR

2015 Mercury 115 4 Stroke Digital Water Pressure Sensor Location

Serial Number of motor is 2B057945

I bought the sensor I thought I needed to make the water pressure sensor(8M0089111) show on the vessel view, but where it says to install it from the instructions there isn't a wire to connect it to. It says to remove plug (4mm Hex) and screw it in and connect wire, but I don't see the wire to connect. This motor does not have an analog w/p gage either. Has anyone ran into this?
    Last edited by chris20; 06-22-2022 at 09:15 AM.
    Chris Conley
    Internet Sales Mgr.
    Anglers Outpost & Marine
    http://www.anglersoutpost.com
    859-421-3038

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Chris- it should be right there on the harness, just aft of the flywheel. May be tie-wrapped back, and would have a plastic cap over the end of the connector.

Page-2 of the instructions shows the connector with the cap still on it, and then with the connector plugged into the sensor.

The harness is quite tight in that area of the engine, with no excess length.

If you still can't find it, snap a picture.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Don- I will look. I pulled up the service manual for this one on mercnet and it shows the w/p gauge port on the starboard side of the motor just left of the oil pressure sensor, it doesn't mention the one on top at all. I'm just wondering maybe this is an early one and it didn't even have the plug for it. I will take a picture later today.
    Chris Conley
    Internet Sales Mgr.
    Anglers Outpost & Marine
    859-421-3038

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Well there- now you're on to something. That's actually an L4NA model, meaning it was from the Walleye-series "naturally aspirated" L4 Verado block. Totally different engine from the model you see today (though it was about bullet-proof).

Took a little digging, but this should help:

SC Conversion Kit (includes Trim, Pitot and Block Pressure): 889250K01

Block Pressure ONLY: 881879T26 (considering this part is nearly the cost of the above kit, I would opt for the kit....).

You can look the kit up in the EPC under the 889250K01 part number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Thank you Don for looking into this for me. That’s exactly what it needs. I appreciate it as always.
    Chris Conley
    Internet Sales Mgr.
    Anglers Outpost & Marine
    859-421-3038