Thread: Sunglasses

Sunglasses

What's the best sunglasses to see your livescope or at? Thanks

2. Member
    Polarized lenses make it difficult to see almost all LCD screens.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

3. Member
    I wear prescription polarized glasses that have blue lenses and have found that I can see the green colored screen best

4. Member
    I have been looking into Hook&Bullet sunglasses. They make a LitePro designed just for seeing your electronics! They aren't cheap close to 300 bucks. I talked to some guys say they really help and some said didn't help that much. They do have a 30 day money back quarantine no questions asked. I can not see anything with my polarized sunglasses so I spend whole day fishing with no sunglasses. Really thinking about trying a pair.

5. Member
    Try non-polarized. Mirror is okay.

Polarized is fine, just don't turn your head. Never have had an issue.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    I have problems with my polarized glasses and LED screens. I also had problems with aircraft instrument panels when I was piloting regularly and learned that pilots should use true "aviation" glasses which are not polarized for the very reason of distorted views.

Polarized lenses are directional in the allowance of viewing. The screen on your chart/graph is also polarized.

1. Glasses can get the lens polarization on an angle and not on the right 90 degree plane. In this case your glasses will also have trouble seeing fuel (gas) pump LCD screens, if those are polarized. Thus any polarized screen will be like turning two pairs of polarized lenses 90 degrees. This also is a good way to verify the polarization angle of your lenses.

2. Not as common the screen on your unit (chart/graph/dash) can have the same issue on the polarization being on the wrong angle in that screen. Viewing angles can be quick checked similarly by turning your head or lenses.

Turning the lens/head 90 degrees should be black out on the screen or lenses. We have seen many more glasses have lens issues than screens, though we have seen both multiple times.