Thread: Prop Blow Out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    I know till you get the right prop, you can help the hole shot with all the blowout by doing a 360% turn to starboard. Not a hard turn, just enough so you dip the portside of the boat in the lake.

At the end of the 360 be aiming where your wanting to go fishing next. This will get you going till you get Mark to help you with the right prop.
    It's an old drag racing trick we use to use when making run through traps for max WFO speed.

Man the spell check and big fat fingers are really messing with me posting

Edit: failed to mention you should start this with as much throttle as you can, just no cavitation, then as you come around stand on her with WFO throttle.

One more item I like to add to every setup, is Bob's Machine Shop's cavitation plate. They are not like all the others out there.

Lots of locals here didn't like them either, till they rode in my different boats over the years. Not only will they hugely help holeshot, but I really like how they help me with slower on plane speed.
    Just putting it out there, food for thought.

Edit: I originally said port turn, but it's actually the other portside, my bad, you will need to turn to starboard...
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Jeb_H; 06-23-2022 at 10:37 PM.

2. Member
    A 360 is a complete circle. Could get you in hot water if you're in a crowd. Actually, a turn to port of about 45 degrees under lower power and then after you get the hull moving throw the coal to it will press the stern down and compensate for inadequate nose down trim, or let you get underway in shallower water.
    Not saying a 360 won't work, but less of a turn is less noticeable.
    All hints are good, works for some some it won't.

3. Banned
    You know Bill N your probably right, he is probably not that far from coming out of the hole to begin with.

We are doing 360 degree turns to get on plane with full blown choppers, SRX and cleaver styles. Props we had no hope of getting out of the hole with.
    His prop with somewhat of a tube would be helping some...

You have a good point...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12