compartment leak

just wondering if anyone else has water getting into their coin box storage between the two seats? any solutions? mine leaks like a sieve. thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Only thing I have ever had there is condensation, or what gets in when I open it
    Fish have fins, they swim

3. Member
    unfortunately mine is a lot more than condensation. it will have a puddle in there after a good rain

4. Member
    Weather stripping around the interior edges so the box forms a tighter seal works in a pinch.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

5. Member
    Mine stays pretty dang dry. Is it seating all the way when it's closed? I have thought about making a custom one though with a nice latch and seal. Why Phoenix doesn't improve on that design is beyond me. It would be very simple, even to tweak the lid/flange of the current boxes to make it 99% waterproof.

6. Member
    mine came with weather stripping and i thought for sure it would be water tight! its bad enough that i wont put anything in it which is silly. for the price of these things, i would think they should be about flawless. especially on the simple stuff

7. Member
    My 21 PHX center console would leak a bit. It didn’t come with weather stripping from the factory….I guess that would’ve helped. Poor design. I don’t know why they don’t use a similar design of other brands.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

Remove the wing nuts, lift it up and place a couple of washer on the front fastners. That will tilt I back a little and drain the water better so it won't overflow the trough. Worked for me

Never had any water at all get into mine. Hard to say why yours is leaking without looking at it.

10. Member
    i'll give this a try! do you suspect that helps put it on a slight incline and the water runs off better?