2017 Evinrude motor question, would ya?

Im selling my Phoenix to downsize now that my son has graduated and I no longer need so much boat for what I do. I had a guy hit me up about a trade for a 2017 Ranger Z185 that has a 150 Evinrude on it. I have never been much an an ERude guy but Ive heard those are decent motors. My main concern is naturally that they are no longer made and do we even have anyone around here who services them anymore much less fixes them if they break? I live in the OKC area. Just curious, Im not too interested in the boat because of the motor but I thought I would ask you all and it may make me more interested or even less interested deepening on you guys opinions.

Thanks

2. Member
    I believe Tim’s outboard service on 10th street is pretty strong on Evinrude motors or used to be. If it’s a low hour motor and the boat is really clean might be worth a thought.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

3. Member
    I personally wouldn’t be interested in a boat with an Evinrude on it unless the trade was way in your favor on what the two boats are worth. I have seen boats recently with Evinrudes on them selling for way less than a comparable boat with a Yamaha or Mercury on them.

4. Member
    It would have to be a hell of a deal for me to buy one with an Evinrude. Hard to find parts and anyone to work on them and they are out of business!

5. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Only person I have ever dealt with on evrinude is noted above and haven’t been there in 10 years. I wouldn’t personally buy one. Gl

6. Member
    Guy here in town was a dealer and still works on them but it’d be a pretty good haul from where you’re at.

7. Member
    I did talk to Tim and he does work on them, said he has plenty of parts if needed and told me for what it was worth he wouldnt be afraid to own one. With all of that said I still just dont know, its going to have the be one heck of a deal to get me excited to do it. The boat is sharp, super clean and has alot of nice goodies on it but we havent discussed the deal yet as the older gentleman that owns it is out of the country for 2 weeks. So I have time to stew on it unless someone buys my bird in the meantime. Thanks gents
    Danny

8. Member
    Bought a 2011 Ranger z521 with 250 Etec in 2016. It had 180 hours on it when I bought it which was low and majority were idle hours.
    owned by an elderly gentleman who took good care of boat and motor. The shifting fork broke in 2018 which I suppose could happen
    to any engine. Other than that it’s been a great motor! And yes I do fish tournaments and perhaps I run it a little hard than most but
    I would have to say I’ve been pleased. Other than routine maintenance I do myself it’s been great. But I understand the hesitation as
    far as the future goes. Crowley Marine has virtually anything I would ever need for parts on mine. Hope this helps��