Clever prop on a 20xd

I have a 2000 20xd with a 2010 250 pro xs. I have a 14" rapid jack and keep the boat pretty light. I normally run a 28p Brovo and it does great. I come across a 32p over hub Clever 3 blade and wondered if anyone has ever tried one?

2. Member
    I am not a expert by no means and the 20XD I have never owned one. I think a fishing load and 2 people my first thought would be a 32P 3 blade would be tough to get out of the hole with a 250. I am assuming you have 1:75 gears?

I would wait and see what one of the 20XD gurus on here has to say. Someone will be by soon to give you great advise and knowledge.
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 06-21-2022 at 01:23 PM.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

3. Member
    Thanks. I'm pretty sure the gear is 1:62 in a sportmaster lower. Sorry I forgot to mention earlier.

4. Member
    should be a good top end prop

I'd try it....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    I ran a 28 modified chopper on a 20’ with a 2.4 Mercury. It had low water pickup along with other mods. I had to use a hydrofoil to get it out of the hole due to the blow out was really bad. The boat handled great but rode like crap in choppy waters. For some strange reason I have found after spending a small fortune on props that a Bullet may loose a couple MPH with a 4 blade but the hole shot and ride are totally worth the loss. JMO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Bullet21XD View Post
    I ran a 28 modified chopper on a 20’ with a 2.4 Mercury. It had low water pickup along with other mods. I had to use a hydrofoil to get it out of the hole due to the blow out was really bad. The boat handled great but rode like crap in choppy waters. For some strange reason I have found after spending a small fortune on props that a Bullet may loose a couple MPH with a 4 blade but the hole shot and ride are totally worth the loss. JMO
    Thanks for the reply. The hole shot is pretty slow with blowout but it seems once it's moving it might work for just go fast runs. I haven't got good water to really wring it out yet or seat time to see what is like. I'm sure I'll go back to my Brovo but it's fun to play with.

8. Member
    Jamie, Mr. Paul Nichols is probably the best one on here for advise. He has ran ever configuration that Bullet had ever made manufactured.

9. Member
    Yes! I would love for him to weigh in!

10. Member
    Sport master could be either 1:62 or 1:75. If you do have the 1:62 I'd say it be a little steep for a 250. I used to run a Pro ET with a coned tourque master and ran real good on top end. With a 300 DBR. But had a little port relief on the lower so not as much exhaust over the hub. Somebody mentioned Mr. Nichols. He would be the one to comment if he can respond.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR