Transferring waypoints from Lowrance to Humminbird

Good morning,

I am currently trying to transfer some waypoints from a Lowrance to a Humminbird unit. The file was sent to me already in .GPX format, and I’ve transferred it to a 16gb SD card.

the first time I plugged the card into the unit, it said “Card successfully encrypted” or something to that affect, and then nothing else happened. I have since unplugged and replugged in the card and nothing happens.

i plugged the card back into the computer and the card now has a new “ENCRYPT” and “PROFILE” folders on it, as well as the .GPX file with all of my waypoints.

does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

How you do it depends on what Humminbird series you have. Helix/Number series or ONIX/ION/SOLIX/APEX.
    They are different and have a different operating system and software.
    Just stating you have Humminbird equipment is not enough. Since you stated your card now has the Profile folder, I know it is the Helix/number series.
    Those two series have to have the data in a MATRIX folder to be recognized by the unit. When you Export from those models, the data is in a MATRIX folder.

Download and install HumminbirdPC to your PC, open the software and do File/Open at the top of the view. That will create a file with the today's date.

Remove the memory card and put another formatted FAT 32 card that is 32GB or LESS in your computer. Click on the new file name so it is highlighted BLUE, then on the left panel there is a SD card symbol, select the colored arrow that copies that file to the SD card.
    You will get a MATRIX folder on the card with the data in it.
    Put the card in the unit's card reader AFTER it is fully operating in Normal or Simulator.

Answer the pop-up message and the data will load.
    Remove the memory card and you are done.
    You will have three copies of the data--the Lowrance file on its card, the data in HumminbirdPC, and what you copied to the card from HBPC. Format the HBPC card so you can use it for other stuff.

Neither Encrypt nor Profile has anything to do with what you are trying to do, those get put on the card automatically.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you, Wayne!

Waypoints transferred successfully!