Mayflies on Ky Lake?

Anybody know if there is a mayfly hatch going on at Ky Lake? I have a night tourney coming up and interested. Thanks for any information.

2. Member
    There has been one going on the last couple weeks. Two weeks ago it was pretty thick. Tournament this past Saturday and it was hit and miss. This was on the Southern end of the lake.

3. Member
    Yes big time going on right now on the north end, not sure about the south end.

4. Member
    Thanks Rodney

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoStratos View Post
    Thanks Rodney

6. Member
    I fished all last week. Monday 6/20 good hatch on north end, was over by Thursday, none to be found by Friday. Put in at Kenlake Friday and went as far south as Ginger, did not see any sign of a Mayfly.

7. Member
    Fished night tournament on north end from KenLake to Pisgah Bay on east side and Moors back south on west side. No mayfly hatch, no moon, and tough bite!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoStratos View Post
    Fished night tournament on north end from KenLake to Pisgah Bay on east side and Moors back south on west side. No mayfly hatch, no moon, and tough bite!
    My good friend who lives at the mouth of Moors on the water had a huge hatch two weeks ago, there was also one back up in Blood River plus one big one just south of Paris Landing. There will be more the next few weeks, but they come and go so fast it's hard to pinpoint them. The ones i mentioned was there no doubt though.

9. Member
    They were thick yesterday morning crossing the 68 bridge.