Solix Didn't Power Back Up After Software upgrade

Install the latest software update from humminbird to my solix graph. I was watching the update as it was progressing and I did see that it said upgrade successful and then as the graph went through the power cycle process, it didn't come back on.

Am I screwed? Is there any way to power the device back up since it didn't finish turning back on after the software update was complete? Do I need to send it back to humminbird to have the software reloaded on it?

2. Member
    I remember something similar happening- a long (20-30 second) hold of the power button, and it fired up.. but I'm far from an expert- just got lucky.

3. Member
    Remove from power and see if it powers back on. If you followed the procedure listed for the upgrade and did not push buttons or power it off it should power back on. If it won’t power back on call HB.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Remove from power and see if it powers back on. If you followed the procedure listed for the upgrade and did not push buttons or power it off it should power back on. If it won’t power back on call HB.
    Well, your suggestion led to me try one more thing... I hooked the graph to the power supply for the graph on the bow and wella, graph up and running. Retested the power supply at the console, no go.... I either have a bad power supply or a fuse that is blown somewhere on the boat. I appreciate the feedback. And I am VERY thankful I didn't brick the unit, as Humminbird is charging $895 to reload software PLUS shipping..... On a graph that has 11 hours on it..... That would have been rough to take.....

5. Member
    Power seems very important to all these electronic gadgets! Just need to be logical and calm troubleshooting. A simple multimeter to read voltage makes many tasks simple. If you read reviews you can get one very reasonable. A solid meter can cost under $20 for 99% of tasks on a boat. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Power seems very important to all these electronic gadgets! Just need to be logical and calm troubleshooting. A simple multimeter to read voltage makes many tasks simple. If you read reviews you can get one very reasonable. A solid meter can cost under $20 for 99% of tasks on a boat. Bob
    Totally agree.... Next on my list of tools, right next to getting some spare fuses.. :-)

That is an outrageous fee for reloading software. They should cut people some slack from their flat fees if their unit bricks from software updates.

Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    ... as Humminbird is charging $895 to reload software PLUS shipping..... On a graph that has 11 hours on it..... That would have been rough to take.....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    That is an outrageous fee for reloading software. They should cut people some slack from their flat fees if their unit bricks from software updates.
    Totally agree. And I was going to have to pay for shipping both ways. I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do, as 800 bucks is significant but I had twice as much invested in it so it was kind of between a rock and a hard place.