Do I have a potential problem with my Uttex

The last two times I have been out I go through my routine to put the boat away for the next trip
    Clean my rig, plug in the charger etc. this includes turning the TM switch off and the blue light that tells you it is on or off did not go out. So I turned it on and off again several times and it finally shut down, two times this happened.

is this a precursor to a problem or am I just nervous ?

2. Member

3. Member
    I’ve seen it happen on mine a couple times since 2018 when I installed it. It’s never caused any more than what you stated but I do think there’s something wrong with the switch, pretty sure it’s pretty common issue and the switch needs to be swapped
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Before I charge I turn ff the switch on the TM and unplug it from the outlet so there is no power going to the TM. When I get ready to go out I plug the TM back and at that time the blue light comes on (note the power switch is still off) so I assume that is normal because I don't have any issues. I turn the power switch on once I get to the ramp.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfish View Post
    That's a great deal

I just bought one

Went to the MK parts site $15.95 for the switch and $11.75 for shipping WTH!

figured I'd stop in the ASC next time I was in the area
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    Google “ Minn Kota Ultrex ModelsPart Number: 2044022”. Many better prices. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. Member
    I have fixed numerous on off switch problems by putting a dab of dielectric grease on the switch prongs. Remove power completely from the troll motor when doing this. Also remove the plate on the bottom of the foot pedal it is much easier to do this. Remove the connectors from the switch add a dab of dielectric grease to the prongs on the switch, then replacing the connector. Dielectric grease can be found at any auto parts store.
    As TDT said. Remove power from the troll motor by unplugging or turning off power to the troll motor when charging. Battery chargers have known to cause issues with I-Pilot troll motors.

8. Member
    Mine did that just last month. Wire was pinched off under switch

9. Member
    Mine new one is doing same thing now .. Has to be some kind of connection issue.. A hard thump on boat deck with switch off will sometimes turn on the blue light on the petal. I have just started turning power to my trolling motor off at the breaker prior to charging when I return home after a trip. ( I should have been doing this anyway) Mines under warranty, I'll run it to the service center this winter.

10. Member
    Mine would be off and when I'd walk outside in the dark the next morning the blue light would be on again.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    Mine would be off and when I'd walk outside in the dark the next morning the blue light would be on again.
    Do you not also have a switch at the breaker? Or a plug disconnect?

I flip a breaker to turn off my graphs and a separate breaker turns off my trolling motor. I do this right when I get off the water.

12. Member
    My Ultrex is hardwired, and I turn it off at the breaker in the battery compartment. Don't think I've ever turned the power switch off at the tm.

13. Member
    go to a electronics store, cross ref that number and get one for a couple of buck. if i remember correctly its nothing more than a 10amp dual poll switch, dime a dozen

14. Member
    As Brad mentioned, access the switch, tighten the connectors, and add some dielectric grease. That will often remedy that issue. If it doesn’t, get a new switch.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S