NEWBIE HERE CHECKING IN

Hey guys, just got my first bass boat (2001 TR-20 w/Merc 225).

I'm going over somethings and have two issues I need help with.

1) Leaky steering wheel....not sure if seal or needs bled, or both, but it is very loose turning

2) 4 beeps every two minutes....have replaced oil reservoir on engine w/sensor, replaced water/fuel separator w/ sensor, disconnected battery but still get beeps - what else?

3) Where can I find a replacement dash shroud? Tried a few places from facebook groups, but nada.....

Thanks and hope you all have a good one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    1) I would bleed anyways just to be safe, and very well could have a seal leaking too.

2) no idea

3) Ashmore marine products make a ton of triton things

3. Member
    Make sure to check that you have oil in the reservoir if you replaced. Otherwise, it may not fill correctly. You have to ‘burp’ it to get air out.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

4. Member
    Welcome, not to far away here in Blackstone. Your boat looks great, mine was new to me last year, its an 07. Ended up being a decent bit of work, but I have it about where I want it now.

The steering wheel leak is probably the seals in the helm/ lines to the cylinder. Not sure the best fix, I dealt with the cylinder end on my 07 Triton I bought last year. I just replaced it with the "updated version".

Engine beeps, post in the appropriate Mercury section with your questions. Read the "rules" so you include all the required information and you will get a lot of solid help.

Dash shroud, a lot of people have good luck with parts at great lakes skipper and C&O marine, that's where everyone sent me when I've asked similar questions.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com

https://www.candomarine.com/

5. Member
    Not to hijack the thread but I too just got an 07 Triton. Its a 07 TR21X HP. I needed the ignition panel and windshield hardware and have been looking for about a week. Came across this thread, found everything and had a pleasant experience with C&O Marine.
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

6. Member
    C&O Marine or Bunch Marine, both in Tn

7. Member
    C & 0 is where I got my 2000 TR front dash panel.
    Spro = If you throw it, they will come!!!