Thread: Squeaky fortrex

Squeaky fortrex

Hey guys, got a fortrex 112 that’s been used and abused. I’m running live scope on the shaft and when I scan around the fortrex squeaks like crazy. There also seems to be a lot of play in the shaft, just pivoting around changes the angle of the livescope quite a bit. I’ve been looking at parts but not exactly sure what I need. I’d greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

2. Member
    If the shaft is moving back and forth then you have a loose pinion gear or a lower collar got loose. You must deploy the roll motor and try to move the shaft up and down. If it does then you have one or both of the problems I mentioned.
    Not sure which one you have, but the 80 and the 112 shaft arrangement is the same. Below is the 112 breakdown.

https://motors.johnsonoutdoors.com/P..._45%22_Shaft/y

3. Member
    Thank you, I will check that when I get a chance.

I’ll have to look at the diagram again on a computer, was having trouble navigating it on iPhone. What are some other common maintenance parts? A guy I work with said he’s had to replace the rear pivot and it’s something I should check into.