Banned

Exclamation Petition to block j morris/bass pro in Welaka in other thread

Dont know how to put it here but u can check it out in the previous thread regarding johnny morris and his development plans for Welaka. Its a link to a petition asking to block this from happening.

If anyone knows how, paste the link here too.

2. Banned
    Why? I guess you don't like good stores

3. Banned
    Ill print out a thousand and go to Academy and or dicks also. Just wander who i could turn them over to? I could get a pile of signatures at publix on Roosevelt/17.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassfriend View Post
    Why? I guess you don't like good stores
    Its a resort not a store. And as it sits its a nice very quiet small one red light town!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Its a resort not a store. And as it sits its a nice very quiet small one red light town!

Sounds like a perfect place for a resort.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassfriend View Post
    Sounds like a perfect place for a resort.
    Wrong again! Dont want it in our parts!

7. Member
    It would be more productive to start a petition against hurricanes entering Florida.

8. Banned
    Probably jim but might as well try and sign it.

Oh... I think poster "bassfriend" might be Johnny Morris in disguise. ��

9. Banned
    The bad thing is that if you sign the petition and don't live there, it will not make any difference at all. These politicians don't give a hoot if you can't vote for them.

Here's the link...

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    here's a petition against Welaka/Putnum County Resort Development, although it doesn't appear to be getting much traction.

Pls sign and share: https://chng.it/6gB4YDwRtb

11. Member
    Can't stop what's coming. The secret is out on this state. I firmly believe this state at one time was the most awesome place to live on planet Earth. Beautiful untouched scenery, beaches, rivers, lakes. All the 8 pounders you ever wanted to catch if you knew where to go. Wide open roads through pine forests and marshlands. Not another car in sight. And you had all of this while still being in the good 'ol US of A. It's all over now. Florida is unrecognizable from 30 years ago and it will be even more unrecognizable just 5 years from now. Did you guys know that in the next 10 years the state is predicting a population increase of over 4 million people. Let me say that again, 4 MILLION!!!!!. I've already started looking at land in rural Alabama and Mississippi. Won't have the beaches but at least I can maybe get some of that Old Florida back for at least a little while.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Here's the link...
    Well dont live in Florida but I went ahead and signed it anyway. Was born in Palatka, folks lived in Crescent City at the time. So I know the area somewhat and drove around there last year to see what was left of Old Florida
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Can't stop what's coming. The secret is out on this state. I firmly believe this state at one time was the most awesome place to live on planet Earth. Beautiful untouched scenery, beaches, rivers, lakes. All the 8 pounders you ever wanted to catch if you knew where to go. Wide open roads through pine forests and marshlands. Not another car in sight. And you had all of this while still being in the good 'ol US of A. It's all over now. Florida is unrecognizable from 30 years ago and it will be even more unrecognizable just 5 years from now. Did you guys know that in the next 10 years the state is predicting a population increase of over 4 million people. Let me say that again, 4 MILLION!!!!!. I've already started looking at land in rural Alabama and Mississippi. Won't have the beaches but at least I can maybe get some of that Old Florida back for at least a little while.
    Do your research ... income taxes, property taxes, ad valorem taxes, taxes on groceries (AL is 9.5%) and other aspects.
    Additionally, look at access to healthcare, insurance rates, elderly care facilities and costs, etc. There's a long list for sure.
    We are VERY unlikely to be in Florida by in about two years. Odds are really good we won't be in the CONUS at all.
    Over the years, we've found most places to be livable. We found rural Michigan to be gorgeous and check all the boxes.
    And there's no denying the beauty of West Virginia. Additionally, it's inexpensive comparatively. It's all about preferences.

14. Member
    Wow 200 and Some have signed.

Thousands and Some are all for it.

Guess who will win?

15. Member
    I grew up in Florida my uncle ran a bait and tackle in pohokee .he moved to Cameron Louisiana in 1974 cause of the over crowding just thought it was funny how nothing seems to change , and by the way they sprayed all the lakes back then to and everyone complained