Ghost/HDS Connection

Good day all, just waiting for new ghost to arrive. My understanding it come standard with 2D/Down scan Transducer and I'm just wondering if there is a special connection cable that is required to connect the HDS unit to this Transducer like the minn kota US2 or is in included/interstates with the ghost.

Thx All

2. Member
    If you have a Gen 3, Carbon, or Live - you can connect through the structure port - which is a 9 pin connection and would not need anything else. There will be a mini 9 pin connector that comes with the Ghost that will get you set up for those units.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett@RMP View Post
    If you have a Gen 3, Carbon, or Live - you can connect through the structure port - which is a 9 pin connection and would not need anything else. There will be a mini 9 pin connector that comes with the Ghost that will get you set up for those units.
    Beauty... easy thank you.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett@RMP View Post
    i didnt think Ghost worked with Gen 3?
    Brett Treece. Caledonia MS
    2010 Skeeter ZX225. HPDI 225

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rctreece View Post
    i didnt think Ghost worked with Gen 3?
    For sonar, yes it does. For control, no it does not.

6. Member
    Thanks
    Brett Treece. Caledonia MS
    2010 Skeeter ZX225. HPDI 225

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    For sonar, yes it does. For control, no it does not.
    If the Ghost was hooked to a Gen 3 at the bow, for sonar only, would a Live at the console connected via ethernet be able to control it?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker320 View Post
    If the Ghost was hooked to a Gen 3 at the bow, for sonar only, would a Live at the console connected via ethernet be able to control it?
    Control the sonar, yes. :)
    In order to control the Ghost (as in steering) you will need NMEA2000, as ethernet does not allow such functionality.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker320 View Post
    I could be wrong but if you have a Gen3 on the network then the Live goes into Legacy mode and you will not be able to control the trolling motor. Simple fix would be to not connect the Gen3 to your network, just have it connected to your ghost transducer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I could be wrong but if you have a Gen3 on the network then the Live goes into Legacy mode and you will not be able to control the trolling motor. Simple fix would be to not connect the Gen3 to your network, just have it connected to your ghost transducer.
    Legacy-mode is only an issue when using ethernet, not when using NMEA2000. It is NMEA2000 that controls the Ghost.
    HDS Gen 3 on latest software (18.2) networks well with HDS Carbon/ Live and Elite FS in ethernet, no Legacy-issues. Any HDS on older software than 18.2 should not be in ethernet with those units, but can be in the same NMEA2000-network.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Legacy-mode is only an issue when using ethernet, not when using NMEA2000. It is NMEA2000 that controls the Ghost.
    HDS Gen 3 on latest software (18.2) networks well with HDS Carbon/ Live and Elite FS in ethernet, no Legacy-issues. Any HDS on older software than 18.2 should not be in ethernet with those units, but can be in the same NMEA2000-network.
    Trying to decide whether or not to move 3--9" Gen 3's(would be updated to 18.2), a 3D and a TM150 over to a newer boat or start fresh, at a considerable expense here in Canada. All work fine with the xi5, but decided on a Ghost for the new TM. I would add a Live to the console, the only area I would use the finder to control the Ghost. The system would have ethernet and nmea networks. Just looking to see if it's a viable option before including all in the older boat sale.
    The fact that the Live's must be close to being replaced is another consideration, when looking at 3, possibly 4 new units. Appreciate your input.

12. Member
    @Team Colibri Somehow missed your last post in this thread.. It seems the 3 Gen 3's and a new Live would be a viable option. Cheers.