Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

question for 206 and 210 owners

If you have a hydraulic jack plate what height setting do you generally run your height setting and if hole shot is one setting and wot is another what do you run?

I have a 210 I run jack plate all the way up for both hole shot and and wot
    The only time I lower the jack plate is if I'm in rough water

2009 ELITE 210

3. Member
    wow, full up isn't that like at 6" ? i been running at 3" i will try raising my

yes that's 6 , still have a super quick hole shot and tournament load 73 mph , although I rarely run wot anymore
    are you experiencing any issues at 3 ?

2009 ELITE 210

5. Member
    What prop are you guys running and motor to get to 73? I'd be glad to get to 70.

6. Member
    Hole shot has always been slow, I just switched to lithium batteries and lost 200 pounds of transom weight that helped a lot, my top end has never been over 63 mph full loaded.
    I am running a 250 Pro XS and a 25P Bravo prop with 4 open holes and 4 with med hole plugs.

Each hull is different. You'll fell the corrections you'll need in your ass.

8. Member
    My buddies 206 had the best hole shot with the JP all the way up and trimmed all the way down. Sorry didn't ask what his height is at for WOT but each hull/boat is different. Good choice on the lithiums I also switched to them and my hole shot significantly improved. The 31 AGM is like 80lbs or more lol.

9. Member
    Bill Lo ..... what prop are you running? I still have not tried full up, I just look at that in my garage and it looks so high and eliminates so much engagement it almost looks scary with the 250 hp hanging up there in space I hate to have it snap and have the merc dragging behind the boat...lol

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Best thing to do is set JP so your prop to pad is at 3.5". Try it there, then up or/and down in 1/4" increments til it performs best. I do not move my JP from 3.75 unless going into very shallow areas. Mt prop is 26P, and top speed was 71.9 at sea level. I do not need to move it for hole shot and then running.

Altho I have a 198, the same advice holds true for many models, incl 206 and 210.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Best thing to do is set JP so your prop to pad is at 3.5". Try it there, then up or/and down in 1/4" increments til it performs best. I do not move my JP from 3.75 unless going into very shallow areas. My prop is 26P, and top speed was 71.9 at sea level. I do not need to move it for hole shot and then running.

Altho I have a 198, the same advice holds true for many models, incl 206 and 210.
    Last edited by Lea; 06-30-2022 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

12. Member
    When i have my jackplate at 3" on the scale it is about 3" from prop to pad, i have been running it at three or 3 1/2 for years and also don't adjust while on the water but have always been unhappy with my full load hole shot, i am not talking i am unhappy because it takes 3 or 5 seconds more to get on plan it sometime plows for 12 or 15 seconds maybe more, then jumps and goes. i have lightened the transom weight by about 200 pounds by going to lithium batteries, running a Bravo 25p prop which did help, at wot i am getting 5750 rpm's so i do have a little room there i guess, moved from the original 225hp that came on it to the 250 pro XS which did help but didn't make a big improvement which is why i asked about the jack plate heights,

Another option, question my Bravo has the eight holes, i have 4 with no plugs and 4 with medium hole plugs,,,,,,will going to 4 large hole plugs help my situation?

I love my 206 in all way except this condition and hear how others boats perform and keep thinking there is something i can do to correct this

13. Member
    @harrys I'm running a 26p brovo with 4 solid plugs and 4 open holes and I have a great holeshot loaded. I'm running a 4 stroke though
    2005 Champion 206 Elite /Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    When i have my jackplate at 3" on the scale it is about 3" from prop to pad, i have been running it at three or 3 1/2 for years and also don't adjust while on the water but have always been unhappy with my full load hole shot, i am not talking i am unhappy because it takes 3 or 5 seconds more to get on plan it sometime plows for 12 or 15 seconds maybe more, then jumps and goes. i have lightened the transom weight by about 200 pounds by going to lithium batteries, running a Bravo 25p prop which did help, at wot i am getting 5750 rpm's so i do have a little room there i guess, moved from the original 225hp that came on it to the 250 pro XS which did help but didn't make a big improvement which is why i asked about the jack plate heights,

Another option, question my Bravo has the eight holes, i have 4 with no plugs and 4 with medium hole plugs,,,,,,will going to 4 large hole plugs help my situation?

I love my 206 in all way except this condition and hear how others boats perform and keep thinking there is something i can do to correct this
    Harry, while the 203 is a totally different hull, once I added Talons, the only prop that would get a decent hole shot was a Bravo1XS. With that said, I found that the Bravo being such a big prop, takes a bunch to spool up making the hole shot even slower. I ended up with two med plugs and the other 6 open. I would start with all 8 open, and see if it cavitates too much. If it spins too much before planing, add one med, etc etc. It's a pain having to pull out and add or take out, but worth the time when you find the sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    Bill Lo ..... what prop are you running? I still have not tried full up, I just look at that in my garage and it looks so high and eliminates so much engagement it almost looks scary with the 250 hp hanging up there in space I hate to have it snap and have the merc dragging behind the boat...lol
    Harrys I have a Yamaha T1 25pitch stock prop ,

2009 ELITE 210

16. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    i neglected to mention, my prop is a good Tempest Plus 26P with all large holes. Hole shot from idle to full up is 3-4 secs.

Empty livewells!
    Last edited by Lea; 07-17-2022 at 11:10 AM. Reason: to clarify re livewells

17. Member
    I have 8” Atlas on my 206
    i actually need to drop mount plate to top hole

i raise mine up all the way for take off

then the lower I run it, faster my speed is

18. Member
    I run JP all the way up and motor all the way tucked for hole shot. Then I typically run my JP at 3 and adjust as needed for water conditions. Bob's Plate btw

19. Member
    i am getting out to try some of the suggestions thursday and friday, to start i pulled two of my plugs from the prop already so i have just two med plugs in and 6 hole open, i plan to try my jackplate all the way up like so many suggest, just looking at it it looks like so much less support for the engine but i guess that why its made that way it has to be strong enough.

20. Member
    I am just throwing my arms in the air, I just don't get it?
    1 I switched to lithium to lighten my transom
    2 Added the 4 extra holes in my 25P bravo prop
    3 now have reduced to 2 med hole plugs only in the prop
    4 run the engine on jackplate all the way up to all the way down and in between
    Under full load ....thats two guys, all gear, full gas, and full livewells I have a very poor hole shot, again not talking it take 3 seconds more, I plow for 10 or more seconds then the bow drops and I take off. The difference is filling the well, with empty well its great, jumps and goes great, fill the well plows.

I have not seen much difference doing all this, removing two of the med plugs this trip I didn't notice anything, moving the jackplate all the way up from my past normal middle level didn't make any change that stood out except once on plain, I had to lower the the plate when on plain, steering was poor when raised up very stiff and hard to turn the wheel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast