Tatula CT Magforce Issues?

I just got a Tatula CT and I am finding that I have to turn the magforce up really high. I have a dozen or so earlier generation CT type r and SV reels and all of them dial in for me at 10, sometimes 12 but I am finding that I need to turn the new one up to 16. Wondering if there is something wrong with the reel or it's no big deal as I still have 4 clicks left?

2. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Does the spool move from side to side a bit? If so, tighten the spool to the point where is doesn't move anymore and you should be good to go. Another thing that can happen is the screws on the side plate loosen up a little bit which in effect will cause the spool to move from side to side. Check the screws on the side plate as well.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Thanks. I have adjusted the spool tension and it still seems to need 15 or 16 on the magforce which is much higher than all of my other tatulas.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    Thanks. I have adjusted the spool tension and it still seems to need 15 or 16 on the magforce which is much higher than all of my other tatulas.
    There is something wrong with the brake. Can you pullout the ring on the side of the spool easily?