No way to turn off Power on/off on Echomap Ultras that are networked

I have a Ultra on the bow and one on the console. I have to disconnect the Ethernet cable to the console unit so it doesn’t power on when I’m using livescope on the bow. Why doesn’t Garmin fix this in a software update? I cannot be the only one that complains about this. I put the console unit in sleep mode one day but does it still draw power in sleep mode? Thanks

2. Member
    Sometimes I like the auto on and off feature.... Sometimes I don't. Seems like it would be fairly easy to make it an option instead of all or nothing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    Sometimes I like the auto on and off feature.... Sometimes I don't. Seems like it would be fairly easy to make it an option instead of all or nothing.
    I agree. Sometimes I don’t need my console unit and I keep the cover on it so I don’t need it coming on automatically.

4. Member
    Odd... I have three 93SV UHD - all networked and I have to power each up individually.

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    My thoughts exactly

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Odd... I have three 93SV UHD - all networked and I have to power each up individually.
    It’s the Ultra units that do it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    It’s the Ultra units that do it.
    Roger that. Wasn't certain that ultra wasn't referring to Ultra Hi-Def/UHD

8. Member
    Rather than wait for Garmin to see the light, we just added a couple power switches in line to power the Helm and Bow Ultra units.

Adds an extra step but solves part of the problem.

Good luck

9. Member
    Do you not turn your console on when you start driving to your spots?

10. Member
    Do you not turn your console on when you start driving to your spots?
    If the question was to me, the answer is yes.

Have to flip separate power switches to supply power to the helm graph or the bow graph.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    If the question was to me, the answer is yes.

Have to flip separate power switches to supply power to the helm graph or the bow graph.
    That was actually for Erie but it applies to all I suppose.

I get in my boat, hit the power at the console unit, bow unit turns on too. My boat is ready to fish for the day. When I am finished and get back to the dock, I hit the power at the console unit and it turns the bow unit off also. It’s perfect IMO. I don’t understand why anyone would want it any other way?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutspinner View Post
    That was actually for Erie but it applies to all I suppose.

I get in my boat, hit the power at the console unit, bow unit turns on too. My boat is ready to fish for the day. When I am finished and get back to the dock, I hit the power at the console unit and it turns the bow unit off also. It’s perfect IMO. I don’t understand why anyone would want it any other way?
    I have a Helix at the bow and a Helix at the console. I added a 106sv to the bow and console. I usually just turn my 2 Helix units on at start up and when I want to use Livescope I then turn the bow unit on and it also turns the console 106 on also. It’s just an inconvenience to have both Garmin unit turn on together.

13. Member
    I can see why people might want to be able to shut off a unit and know its going to stay off or in sleep mode, to save battery. And if you are putting a cover on it in the summer heat and its switching on, isn't it going to get pretty hot? I dont know if the screen puts out heat or not, but my units get plenty warm without covers on them anyway. At least that's why I would think people might want that feature.

I'm like most though, I just switch them on and that's it for the day until I am done. I put hefty lithium batteries in when I got this stuff so I could fish two full days on one recharge and not worry about killing batteries.