Milestar WeatherGuard AS710 215/65r/17 XL

Can anyone confirm that Ranger is using this tire on new boats. Replacement Kendas are impossible to find. One Tire Dealer advised not to use passenger tires with trailers requiring ST designation.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Do a search of recent threads on exact same question.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwh View Post
    Can anyone confirm that Ranger is using this tire on new boats. Replacement Kendas are impossible to find. One Tire Dealer advised not to use passenger tires with trailers requiring ST designation.
    I called Pros Choice, they went and looked at one on the floor. He quoted verbatim that it indeed had the Milestar. I have had two Kenda/Kennetica's fail in the past three months. Less than 5000 miles, but they were manufactured end of 2018. Hearing end of August or so before you will see any of these Chinese tires in the US

BTW, the Milestar tires as made in the USA, have a higher weight and speed rating than the Kenda's even though they are a car tire. Many on this forum actually run car tires. I might need to do so as well.

Your only other option for a trailer tire is Vision Marine Heavy Hauler, but you will need to run a minimum of 70 psi of pressure and most likely change out your valve stem to a higher pressure rated stem. https://www.visionwheel.com/tire/418...e-hauler-dtap/
    Last edited by RGK456; 06-20-2022 at 12:46 PM.

4. Member
    Thanks RGK456.. That’s the answer I was looking for.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwh View Post
    One Tire Dealer advised not to use passenger tires with trailers requiring ST designation.
    That guy is a crook or an idiot, either way, steer clear of them

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    There are more polite ways to phrase that, Mr. Fort. No need to call anyone names, known or unknown.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    The Load Star tires…actually mine say make in Taiwan. I have had many issues with these tires and I stocked up over a year ago. I turned in a claim for two of the tires and they were replaced. E Trailer had some and Simple Tire had some but now out of stock till August it seems. The tire experts I know advise against using a passenger tire for a trailer for lots of reasons.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 06-20-2022 at 05:24 PM.
    2023 Ranger 521R
    Merc 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

8. Member
    Priority Tire has the Milestar in a Truck and SUV tire AS710 Sport Load Range XL , Load Index 103, speed rating T,tread life 80,000 miles.

9. Member
    My factory Kendas were not ST rated. The Defenders I went with have a heavier load rating, higher speed and temperature rating than the factory treads.

I use to have lots of vibrations, especially when hitting 65+, and couldn't get the Kendas to balance with only 800 miles. The Michelins are super smooth, better handling and mileaage with no vibrations at all up to 85.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

10. Member
    My Kendas were ST. Ranger put the beads in them and I never could get them to ride smooth especially at the 65 mph . I had a tire dealer pull out the beads and balance them. They rode very smooth after that.
    2023 Ranger 521R
    Merc 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

11. Member
    Mine wouldn't balance at all, even after the bead removal, had flat spots.
    Went through warranty process and even talked with Kenda USA, I was told at the time they did not make an ST tire in that size.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    My Kendas were ST. Ranger put the beads in them and I never could get them to ride smooth especially at the 65 mph . I had a tire dealer pull out the beads and balance them. They rode very smooth after that.
    My experience also^^^
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke