Overheat and alarm at idle

Mercury Optimax225 my 2005 serial 1B161650.
    I have a problem with high temperatures when the engine idles.
    If I accelerate the temperatures drop. Normal temperatures on the plane
    I changed the whole water pump assembly without solving.
    Yesterday, however, I discovered that by disconnecting the outlet pipes of the thermostats, I get exhaust gases from mid-section. it's normal?

Water temps and pressure at idle? Have you cleaned the compressor strainer?
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    Water temps : below 130 ° F no problem. above 130 ° F the temperature increases until the alarm.
    Pressure at idle: 1,3 psi
    Have you cleaned the compressor strainer? Yes

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    When you were running the engine (after water pump replacement): Was the engine IN THE WATER, or were you running it on a hose?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You have that clear hose connected to the Thermostat Cover Outlet fitting, OR to the air compressor outlet fitting?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    it is attached to the thermostat cover to see how much water came out. But is it normal for exhaust gases to come out of the mid-section tube?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, the fitting in the exhaust plate is dumping directly into the exhaust cavity of the driveshaft housing.

Water should not be coming from the thermostat cover until the thermostat is open.

9. Member
    Yes, I did the test to see that the thermostats opened and the water came out. I thought gas and water ended up in separate cavities.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'm guessing "gas" was meant to be "exhaust gases".

They are separate UP UNTIL they exit from the bottom of the adapter plate.