2022 Ranger Z520R Cup

Any one have older ss3d software updates?

I picked up a older ss3d module with version 2 and wanting to bring it up to version 21. As I recall, you had to update to v3 then v3.5, and then to v4, then you can jump to the most recent versions. All the old Lowrance ftp site download links no longer works. Any one have these on a site that I can access? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    You can go from any version to any version.

3. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    You can go from any version to any version.
    I thought that too. But in my case 21 will not apply over version 2, I tried it from two different head units, and two different SIM cards. Also re-downloaded the ss3d upgrade to make sure it was not corrupted. The update appears to complete successfully, but the unit remains at v2 after the reboot. Another old thread stated that someone contacted Lowrance and was told they had to step upgrade from v2 to v4 and then they could jump to any version. If no one on here has v3, I’ll try contacting lowrance. Thanks much

4. Member

5. Member
    Definitely don’t have to step up. Each new update has all the older ones. Are you sure you are downloading the 3D update? All the current updates are named 22.1. You have to be of the unit it’s meant for. I did my Carbon, Live, Ghost, and 3D at the same time and I got confused once. Tried to do Carbon in Live. Didn’t work.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt18 View Post
    Thanks a bunch….. much appreciated.

7. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Definitely don’t have to step up. Each new update has all the older ones. Are you sure you are downloading the 3D update? All the current updates are named 22.1. You have to be of the unit it’s meant for. I did my Carbon, Live, Ghost, and 3D at the same time and I got confused once. Tried to do Carbon in Live. Didn’t work.

NoCAL
    NoCal, thanks for the reply. Regarding the update, yes the file is the correct RIW file for the SS3D module (StructureScan3D-22.1-65.1.14-Standard-1.riw). All other units (Lives / Active Target) are at 21.1. The console Live unit sees that the 3D needs updating, I insert the micro sd card with the above file and I press install, I then select the unit, and the upgrade proceeds, and finishes. Following the module restart, I check it and it’s still at v2. I even tried the update by going to the storage card, but still no joy in that method. I did fine a older thread on here where someone else had the same issue, and was supposedly told by lowrance to step upgrade to v4 and then they could upgrade to 18. I’m going to give it a try with the version 3 and 4 updates that ttt18 provided, and then try the v21 update. I also have sent a note to Lowrance to get their take on this one. I’ll let everyone know results.

8. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Ok here is an update. The v3 update would not apply either. Well I mean it looks like it applies, goes through all the phases of applying the update, but after the module restarts and reports back in to the hds live unit it still says it’s on version 2. That sucker is holding on to v2 software no matter what ya do to it. Lowrance is researching to see what else can be done. It was mentioned they may send me the link to the units current version in hopes that the update file syn process may replace perhaps a corrupted unit config file. But who knows …

9. Member
    Keeping an eye on this one.

10. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Quote Originally Posted by hawg whacker View Post
    Keeping an eye on this one.
    Ok final results are in. Like I said the ss3d unit would appear to update, using methods 1) letting the hds unit detect the ss3d module required updating and following the prompts, and 2) going to storage and selecting the update file and then selecting ss3d module. Given the above two methods the unit would appear to update every time but following restarts the ssd3 module would still be a version 2. Btw the micro sd card with the update was formatted several times and on two different computers. All these efforts yielded same results as above even though this same card was used to successfully update the hds live units as well as active target.

TriCounty Marine In Granite Falls NC tried the same methods as above with the same results. One of their Techs got the idea of copying the update file from the micro sd card to the hds lives internal storage. With update on the HDS Live units internal storage the update was started using method 2, and it worked successfully. So go figure, either ss3d required a different file block size (which was adjusted during the copy operation to internal storage) or the speed of the transfer from the micro sd card to ss3d module was somehow corrupting the update. Anyway a big shout out to Dee and those guys at TriCounty.