Motorguide tour dead spot

Experiencing a issue with a 36v Motorguide tour. Works fine in every position of the foot switch except when you try to go straight back. It’s only about a I/2” of travel that the motor stops running, of course it’s the position to go straight back. Go past that spot and it works fine, but you are kicked to the right slightly, move the pedal to the other end of its travel and it kicks you to left. Doesn’t seem to cut out if you slowly move it into the position or over the winter.. no chaffing of the wires.

2. Member
    I am not sure what tour motor you are talking about. A tour pro or a tour series. Totally different motors. I assume you are talking about tour Pro. I would bring it in and get it looked at by a repair shop. It should still be under warranty if it is a tour pro.

Tour model, no spotlock

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josie201 View Post
    Tour model, no spotlock
    Sounds like you have a loose wire in the head or the foot pedal. Start checking connections.

Already have, crimp connection in the head. Only happens in a very specific spot, doesn't happen in the cooler time of the year