Homemade Lures Hook Holders

Does anyone use cotter pins to hang hooks and to tie line on homemade lures? I am considering small cotter pins (see link below) and epoxy them with Devcon 2 ton epoxy.

https://www.harborfreight.com/555-pi...use-67558.html

2. Member
    I have done it with musky style jerk/glide baits. I drill a through hole for the cotter pin then insert them in with epoxy then bend the ends over flush in a groove I make in the bait. Fill the slot with extra epoxy if needed.

3. Member
    I've got some wire that I bend into a hook keeper but to be honest I prefer the Kigan ones.

No need to epoxy them, I'd just wrap and finish them. You'd have to probably use a dremel to flatten them a little though so the thread will go up them nicely.

I know a couple crankbait builders that do use the cotter pins. Me personally I use .041 Stainless wire and bend the piece in half around something that is the size of the opening I want and then put the two loose ends in my drill and twist them together. Then I drill the hole for the hook hanger and using a syringe and a needle that is used for refilling ink cartridges and fill the hole with epoxy and then push the hook hanger home. I've had real good luck with these so far.