Ontario/St Lawrence Winds

Heading up Friday for the first time and trying to save myself some trouble. I know the wind plays a big role in when/where you can go. What’s the rule of thumb when it comes to wind when it comes to mph and direction? Staying on Wellesley Island and plan to fish from Chippewa bay to Henderson Bay on the lake and trailering to most places in that area instead of driving the boat.
    2020 Phoenix 920
    Merc 4banger
    East TN

2. Member
    Download NOAA weather. They list wave heights and winds and are very accurate up there. The weather app etc suck and usually aren’t even close. 5-10 can even be bad if you get a west wind, I usually look for 1-2 ft seas or less to run the lake. There’s a lot of islands to hide around but moving areas can be brutal.

3. Member
    Which NOAA weather app? Looked on Google play store, and there a lot of them. Thank you.

4. Member
    West wind more than 8-10mph and I’m not venturing out there.

they call it a 3 day blow.. if you get constant wind over 15mph for a couple days, the lake wouldn’t be settled down for 3 days later.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    It’s the NOAA weather app powered by google. It has a picture of sun and cloud in it. E4E4AE78-512A-4B5F-8855-BDCFAC2AB422.jpeg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    West wind more than 8-10mph and I’m not venturing out there.

they call it a 3 day blow.. if you get constant wind over 15mph for a couple days, the lake wouldn’t be settled down for 3 days later.
    Cobb,
    Winds have been constant 15-20 mph, and lake rougher than the first night in prison. USCG called off search for missing jetskier gone for 2 days cause too rough.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wsteinro View Post
    Which NOAA weather app? Looked on Google play store, and there a lot of them. Thank you.
    On your Chrome search put this address https://www.weather.gov/
    NOAA weather service will come up. Put the zip code you want, and when it come up store it in your bookmarks. Done

8. Member
    There are some more protected areas, check out Chaumont Bay. It's more protected, but I have seen that whip up pretty good too.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

9. Member
    Thank you!

10. Member
    You can fish clayton to chippewa in most conditions, certain winds will make drifts tough. The river will be fine, chaumont shouldn't be too bad with the current forecast