I’ll ask? 😁

Power pole trolling motor, anybody have the scoop on it.

Just some pictures and not a ton of specifications. Titanium shaft, brushless motor and light weight are about the only descriptions. Oh one more…EXPENSIVE.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Andy over at Team Marine is calling it a Game Changer in the TM game, yes it's an abusively overused term, but he does seem very excited about it.

In the meantime, he's big on Ultrex still over the new brushless models from Lowrance and Garmin - While the Ultrex does have slightly less power and pulls more from batteries - using Lithium's makes this a non-issue supposedly, plus the lower initial cost and lower parts/repair costs as well as weedless performance favor the Ultrex, if you can find one.

Using a Fortrex now, only had it/the boat for a little over a month, but I may look at upgrading to the Ultrex at some point in the near future esp if I find a nice deal on a used one from someone that upgraded. If for nothing else, to get that continuous button on the top of the pedal vs the side on the Fortrex pedel lol...

Last edited by 78Staff; 06-19-2022 at 09:28 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Matt over at Team Marine is calling it a Game Changer in the TM game, yes it's an abusively overused term, but he does seem very excited about it.

In the meantime, he's big on Ultrex still over the new brushless models from Lowrance and Garmin - While the Ultrex does have slightly less power and pulls more from batteries - using Lithium's makes this a non-issue supposedly, plus the lower initial cost and lower parts/repair costs favor the Ultrex still, if you can find one.

Using a Fortrex now, only had it/the boat for a little over a month, but I may look at upgrading to the Ultrex at some point in the near future esp if I find a nice deal on a used one from someone that upgraded. If for nothing else, to get that continuous button on the top of the pedal vs the side on the Fortrex pedel lol...

His name is Andy not Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    His name is Andy not Matt.
    Thanks, fixed. Not sure where I got Matt from :).

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    Power pole trolling motor, anybody have the scoop on it.
    I guess I should have asked? Has anyone or does anyone know when they will be on the market??

7. Member
    I guess I should have asked? Has anyone or does anyone know when they will be on the market??
    Hard to believe no one has some kind of info on availability of Motor. I wonder if it even exist!!!

8. Member
    Testing and debugging can be a long process. Many things have to work together and some designs don’t work out. Ideas are easy compared to an actual properly functioning machine. It has been very tough the past couple years for all the things that have to come together. Now the wild card will be what people will be willing to buy in the leaner times ahead. In other words “Nobody knows”. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Thanks, fixed. Not sure where I got Matt from :).

With all the great new Lowrance stuff on your boat, you should not think twice. Go directly to Ghost, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. In fact, spend about $2500! LOL

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

10. Member
    Cue the one guy that has seen this mythical creature and pops into every thread to ensure us it's been coming for a year plus now.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

11. Member
    Using the PP Charge marketing as a guide.... Not in our lifetime!