Power Pole Pro 2 Pump Non-Responsive - Board Swap Did Not Work

Hi All,

First, I know that Power Pole will help me out when I call them...but they aren't open until Monday so was hoping some BBC experts might have some additional trouble shooting steps in the meantime.

2017 Pro 2 (CM2) on starboard side was unresponsive when I got home from the lake today. Pump has solid green light on when main power is on (not blinking), but it doesn't do the startup chime when I cycle the main power off then on. The buttons on the pump are unresponsive too.

I am getting 12.1V to the power connector on the pump and the fuse looks good. I took out the control board and put in the board from the port side and it still did not work, BUT I didn't get the green solid light when I had the port board in (when I put the starboard one back in it still had the solid green light). I then put the board from the bad pole on the port side and it worked...So does not appear to the board.

Any ideas? Is it possible for the whole pump to just go bad?

Thanks in advance for any tips - Worst case I'll just have to wait to see what PP says on Monday.
    -Logan

2. Member
    Update to save a response from someone, got ahold of PP this morning and described issue. Apparently these symptoms point to a wiring issue so I'll be chasing that down today.
    -Logan

3. Member
    Just to update for the next guy searching (like I was)...

It was in fact a wiring issue, PP tech said that solid green light and board swap not working was almost 100% some time of wiring issue even with getting 12V to the connector. I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with the wiring, but I put new ring connectors on and re ran the wires a little cleaner...And sure enough it was back working again.

Hopefully this saves someone else a few days waiting to talk to PP customer service like me (PP was great, they just weren't open on the weekend).
    -Logan

4. Member
    I'm having this issue now as well. Only difference is I have both lights flashing green. When I push and hold the red button the green light goes solid. Just doesn't go down with remote or buttons on top.

5. Member
    I am currently going through the same thing, waiting on a new board from PP