Angry 2022 zx 200….very disappointed in quality

Hey guys
    just picked up new 2022 zx 200 and while the boat rides nice and is fast I have had it just a little over two months and I’ve got a list of things by 12 things now that need to be fixed on it 545 of them were there when I picked up the boat the step was missing that goes to the front deck and the dealer didn’t even know there was supposed to be one in there and I don’t know if I’m expecting too much but I expected a lot more from my dealer I bought a boat from them before and they’ve always been great so I emailed the owner today and the salesman they were supposed to order the step back and first week of May and it still hasn’t come in and I haven’t had any correspondence from the service department and I noticed that there’s water pools under the driver seat which means somethings not level and yes I’m parked on a level area and the boat is level on the trailer because I checked it I just also noticed that the carpet is coming up already under the passenger seat I had my last Skeeter for over 20 years and I never had any kind of problems like this I can’t say how disappointed I am especially with the amount of money that they charge for these boats now so I’m hoping that my dealer can get this straightened out I’m almost thinking that the boats gonna need to go back to the factory to check the floor because I don’t want there to be a problem five or six years from now I mean it’s a lot of quality control stuff like the seats were put in crooked so they’re not flush like there’s no way this boat should’ve left the factory the way it was delivered to me it’s just poor quality control in my opinion and unacceptable . Thanks for listening to my rant but I had to get this off my chest and I knew you guys would understand

2. Member
    That’s the longest sentence I’ve ever read. Very hard read sir, hope you get your issues fixed.

3. Member
    I completely understand as well. I have been saying the same thing, poor workmanship and no quality control. Bought a new Apex with alot of issues, both cosmetic and mechanical. Took it back to factory to have fixed and they said it was ready 5 weeks later. I had marked all places that needed repair. I asked customer service rep if he had inspected it and he said yes. Went to pick up and was not fixed. Waited 2 more weeks, drove back again and this time was good to go. I spent the first 3 months having things repaired or cosmetic repairs. It takes 10 days to build a boat and it looks like it as well. You have 3 years warranty, 1 year on cosmetic repairs. You should demand that everything be fixed to your satisfaction so don't give in to your dealer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KB1953 View Post
    I completely understand as well. I have been saying the same thing, poor workmanship and no quality control. Bought a new Apex with alot of issues, both cosmetic and mechanical. Took it back to factory to have fixed and they said it was ready 5 weeks later. I had marked all places that needed repair. I asked customer service rep if he had inspected it and he said yes. Went to pick up and was not fixed. Waited 2 more weeks, drove back again and this time was good to go. I spent the first 3 months having things repaired or cosmetic repairs. It takes 10 days to build a boat and it looks like it as well. You have 3 years warranty, 1 year on cosmetic repairs. You should demand that everything be fixed to your satisfaction so don't give in to your dealer.
    Oh I definitely will be sure that everything is fixed properly
    did you get all your issues fixed?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    That’s the longest sentence I’ve ever read. Very hard read sir, hope you get your issues fixed.
    Hahahaha that’s what I get for voice to text while driving and sending without reading
    my apologies

6. Member
    Yes, everything has been fixed to my satisfaction. It is amazing that after I sent a certified letter to Skeeter Boats president, Jeff Stone, all repairs were made!

7. Member
    Welcome to subpar covid builds and higher pricing, my 2014 was flawless from the factory but my 2021 had a bunch of issues. Split keelguard from factory, multiple gel coat issues that dealer could not fix, upper part of SHO cowling was scuffed down to plastic. Mine went back for repairs and came back OK not great, it did have a cracked windshield upon return and another deep scratch that was not part of the original blemish issues. Dealer sent me the replacement windshield and I buffed the scratch out myself and it looks acceptable now. I also fixed a broken live well lock connector and they left a gas soaked container with rag in the bilge under the charger but that was likely from dealer prep. Stay on top of your dealer and they will make everything right, these boats are big money and from reading it seems build quality has gone down hill on most brands the last couple years.