Smart Craft / Water Pressure

I just recently repowered with a 2022 Mercury 225 4 stroke on my boat. I had a question? After starting my break in period, I noticed the the water pressure did not register on my smart craft. I asked the team who rigged my engine about it. They advised me that I'll need something else to hook up, so I can see my readout. Can any of you verify that this is true? If so could you tell me exactly what I'll need. Thanks in advance.

The Smartcraft I'm running is :Mercury MercMonitor NMEA2000 LEVEL 1 With CAN Harness
    Last edited by suddenimpact; 06-18-2022 at 08:36 AM.
    2004 Triton TR-20
    2022 Mercury Pro XS 225 #3B211734

2. Member
    Supply your engine serial number here and Don will be along ( probably Monday) to help. What you need is a water pressure sensor sending unit. It is around $100 and they all look just alike but different engines have different thread types or sizes. The wiring is already in place and it is easy to install. If your dealer is close they should be very familiar with your requirements.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    Supply your engine serial number here and Don will be along ( probably Monday) to help. What you need is a water pressure sensor sending unit. It is around $100 and they all look just alike but different engines have different thread types or sizes. The wiring is already in place and it is easy to install. If your dealer is close they should be very familiar with your requirements.
    My S/N is in my signature
    2004 Triton TR-20

The motor comes with an analog water pressure sender. You have two options, replace it with a digital sender or get set up with the parts to keep both analog and digital. Don Weed will have the parts you need. Install on either is 15 minutes tops.

Do you have an analog water pressure gauge now?
    Last edited by 06 SB; 06-18-2022 at 10:28 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Simply add the digital sender, OR an alternate KIT that allows both Digital AND Analog.

IF you have an analog gauge you intend to continue using, there's a post in the FAQ Section that outlines what's needed for the ALTERNATE method.

Either way- Rhonda can assist you with what you'll need. See her post, pinned at the top of the Forum, and drop her an email for assistance.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Simply add the digital sender, OR an alternate KIT that allows both Digital AND Analog.

IF you have an analog gauge you intend to continue using, there's a post in the FAQ Section that outlines what's needed for the ALTERNATE method.

Either way- Rhonda can assist you with what you'll need. See her post, pinned at the top of the Forum, and drop her an email for assistance.
    Thank you.
    2004 Triton TR-20

7. Member
    You may also want to check and see if you have a water pressure sensor installed. Mercury was sending their motors out without the water pressure sensor installed and several people have had to go back to the dealer to purchase one or for installation.
    CAYMAS1

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CAYMAS1 View Post
    You may also want to check and see if you have a water pressure sensor installed. Mercury was sending their motors out without the water pressure sensor installed and several people have had to go back to the dealer to purchase one or for installation.
    See Post# 5: The ProXS Fourstroke Models do not include a Block (water) Pressure Sensor, though it can be easily added as an optional accessory.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor