93 evinrude intruder 150 bogging down

Took the boat out this morning motor is a ve150gletr got on plane and ran fine for about 2 min took a turn then it started bogging down ....came off the throttle and if i go back above about 2500 rpm its just losing power i wonder if it has something to do with temp sensors

Cleaned and checked entire fuel system
    I did replace the port temp sensor with one from a newer model because i couldnt fine one for my motor im wondering if thats whats causing the problem....if i stay below 2500 rpm it seems to be running fine but im not getting any alarms saying its overheating....there is also good water pressure at idle as well as when at full speed

2. Member
    You could unplug the temp sensors to test. The temp sensor wires ran too close to the spark plug wires can cause weird things.

3. Member
    Is it possible for temp sensor to malfunction and not set off the alarm but shut down the engine past 2500 rpm

I tested the alarm and it works fine for both sensors

4. Member
    Some of the temp sensors are resistor type. Your engine needs the on/off type-normally open to ground. Newer sensor could be wrong type.
    Last edited by Simply_M; 06-19-2022 at 03:42 PM.